Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla app activation?

mcm209

Jun 6, 2021
Huntsville, AL
The Tesla website says you will use the app to access your car on delivery day however most folks on here seem to say it took 48 hours for the app to go active AFTER delivery. I am curious as to what everyone's experience has been with the Tesla app on delivery day. I am scheduled for delivery on 6/9.

Reactions: kashian

jcanoe

Oct 2, 2020
Maryland
You may have to log out of the Tesla phone app and log back in after accepting delivery before the vehicle will show up in the Tesla phone app.

Reactions: iamnid

spokey

Aug 8, 2020
Flagtown
not sure if it was when I signed the acceptance but I know I had it on the drive home paired with the phone. I've never actually driven with the key card.

CoolAztec

Mar 4, 2021
Los Angeles
I was out front when mine was dropped off. He hit a button on his device and I got the accept delivery notice right away, and was able to access via the app right away also. No issues.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC