Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App - Add Trunk Open to first screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When opening the Tesla App, I have three options across the top - HVAC, Frunk, and Lock/Unlock.

I’d much prefer to have Trunk there than Frunk. Ideally add it as a 4th option. Or allow us to customize what we want as top options.

As is, to open the trunk, I have to hit Controls then the Trunk option and then confirm that choice. Three clicks when I want one.

Anyone else find this frustrating?

When opening the Tesla App, I have three options across the top - HVAC, Frunk, and Lock/Unlock.

I’d much prefer to have Trunk there than Frunk. Ideally add it as a 4th option. Or allow us to customize what we want as top options.

As is, to open the trunk, I have to hit Controls then the Trunk option and then confirm that choice. Three clicks when I want one.

Anyone else find this frustrating?

Yep...agree 100%. Maybe in time I'll grow to use the frunk, but not at all so far...

Why do you ever use the app to open the trunk rather than just pressing the button on the trunk? The frunk has no button, so I’m forced to use the app, but it would never occur to me to drag my phone out of my pocket to open the trunk.

Sometimes it's just nice to be able to open it from a distance for someone else. I suppose you can just unlock the whole car and they can open the trunk with the button.

Sometimes it's just nice to be able to open it from a distance for someone else. I suppose you can just unlock the whole car and they can open the trunk with the button.

For the few times you need to open the trunk for someone else - there is the option under "Controls.". I don't think it needs to be on the main screen as most of the time I am going to just open manually (it would be a different story if pressing the button would open the trunk all the way and not just unlock).

For the few times you need to open the trunk for someone else - there is the option under "Controls.". I don't think it needs to be on the main screen as most of the time I am going to just open manually (it would be a different story if pressing the button would open the trunk all the way and not just unlock).

I'm aware there is a button to open the trunk remotely under the controls screen. The OP even described it in the first post. I was addressing the question of why you'd want to do it in the first place.

I don't like that we have to push on the frunk to close it, it should have a lock that grabs the hook and pulls it down, like an S trunk. Tesla shouldn't have been so cheap and thrown a few extra layers of metal around the front of the frunk in the middle.

I have wanted to open it just before or as I am walking to the car with stuff to load in my arms. It might be groceries, coaching gear, etc. The app allows me to pop the trunk on approach. I downloaded the Remote S app today which has trunk open on the first screen so that may become my default app vs the official Tesla one. It has a lot more features on the initial screen vs being a level or two deep.