Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App and better alternative.

MaDProFF

Jul 26, 2019
East Sussex
I know there are threads on apps etc. and I do not want to install a load of apps to find they are a waste of time.

I do think the official Tesla app is lacking in some areas ie 7 day scheduling for charging, Sat nav map to send destinations to the car's sat nav, (although this can be done with google maps) General stats about the car power usage and miles etc.

So my ? what is the phone app (iPhone) That

1/ A 7 day charging schedule. I want to start and stop charging at set times, Monday to Friday, and set that it can charge 24 hours a day on Saturday and Sunday.

2/ Journey stats.

3/ Same functions of control as the Tesla app, would prefer only having to learn and use one app at a time.

I really do not want to have to use a web based app like (is it) Teslafi?

On another note, are there any trip metres on the car, not seen them anywhere?

Thanks

WannabeOwner

Nov 2, 2015
Suffolk, UK
I do not want to install a load of apps to find they are a waste of time

If you change My Tesla password it will deactivate all APPs - so if, for example, you install a bunch to try them out and they start causing vampire-drain because they are all chatting to the car all the time - then a password-change will stop that.

I really do not want to have to use a web based app like (is it) Teslafi?

TeslaFi would be the answer to your needs. But it is most definitely a Website (i.e. SAAS) and not like a phone APP. I think [something like] TeslaFi would struggle to display the data as a Phone APP but that's me. I have a huge screen on my PC and like to be able to see lots of data at a glance rather than click-click drilldown and having to remember info from an earlier screen to then relate it to a subsequent screen

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC