Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App and SolarEdge Inverter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently had my Solar installation done through Tesla energy and it is all working great. I would like some better detail on my energy monitoring than what the Tesla mobile application provides. Is there any way to get additional monitoring capabilities (like seeing panel-level performance statistics) without messing up my Tesla application? I've done some cursory searches and those told me that enabling the solar edge monitoring breaks the Tesla application.

If anyone has any advice, I'd appreciate it!

I've only had my installation since November and just posted here for the first time today. I have a Solaredge inverter and the monitoring provided shows the individual panel stats both logically and physically in the array. The data is stored on their server and reasonable historical data analysis is possible.

I'm not aware of it affecting the Tesla app (but I am new to this). I checked some stats (from Solar on the Tesla App) and the array output (on the Solaredge monitoring site) and they seemed reasonably in-line.

I've only had my installation since November and just posted here for the first time today. I have a Solaredge inverter and the monitoring provided shows the individual panel stats both logically and physically in the array. The data is stored on their server and reasonable historical data analysis is possible.

I'm not aware of it affecting the Tesla app (but I am new to this). I checked some stats (from Solar on the Tesla App) and the array output (on the Solaredge monitoring site) and they seemed reasonably in-line.

How did you go about getting the SE data? Do you just go to their site or download their app, then punch in your inverter details?

So, you create an account on their website then you get access to your data using a web browser. To best of my knowledge there is not an app (but I could be wrong). Address I use is: https://monitoring.solaredge.com

From memory, at the time I had the system installed I think the installer set up some basic information to create an account. I had a site name and site number (six digits). I'm sorry but I can't remember how I got the site number. I thought it was in the documents the installer gave me but just looked and it isnt. He must have told me enough info to get on to the Solaredge site.

I have a Solaredge inverter and the monitoring provided shows the individual panel stats both logically and physically in the array. The data is stored on their server and reasonable historical data analysis is possible.
Where do you get the individual panel info? The most detailed info I can get from monitoring.solaredge.com (or the iOS app) is current total (all panels) production. Would really like to see individual panels...

Has anyone gotten Tesla Energy to provide the info required to access the SolarEdge monitoring site/app yourself? Going onto the site, it shows "Contact your installer to set up your account" but only seems to be set up for installers rather than owners. Other reports I've read from others make it sound like Tesla wasn't willing to provide that, claiming it will void the warranty somehow, but I'd like to see if others have gotten it to work and what steps they took to do so. I have an inquiry out to Tesla Energy now about it but haven't heard back yet.

Has anyone gotten Tesla Energy to provide the info required to access the SolarEdge monitoring site/app yourself?

If you can't get Tesla to respond to you, it's worth giving SolarEdge customer support directly. When I got my system installed, my installer (not Tesla) couldn't figure out how to get me an API key. When I called SolarEdge, they were happy to do that as well as enable my account to see all the detailed info in the app and on the website.

• Informative
Reactions: wbhokie
If you can't get Tesla to respond to you, it's worth giving SolarEdge customer support directly. When I got my system installed, my installer (not Tesla) couldn't figure out how to get me an API key. When I called SolarEdge, they were happy to do that as well as enable my account to see all the detailed info in the app and on the website.
Good suggestion. I'll give Tesla a chance to see if they can hook me up first but I have my doubts.

So, on the IOS app at the bottom of tge screen is an icon that looks like an organisation chart with one square then jnder it three in a row. Tapping on that get me a view of my panel array with each of the sixteen boxes showing how much they are generating. On the monitoring website it is near the top of the screen and I think a similar icon(but dont have access to it right now.

In the app you can switch between logical and physical view and you can look at daily, weekly, minthly, year or total output.

• Informative
Reactions: wbhokie
So, on the IOS app at the bottom of tge screen is an icon that looks like an organisation chart with one square then jnder it three in a row. Tapping on that get me a view of my panel array with each of the sixteen boxes showing how much they are generating. On the monitoring website it is near the top of the screen and I think a similar icon(but dont have access to it right now.

In the app you can switch between logical and physical view and you can look at daily, weekly, minthly, year or total output.

Hmmm...maybe we have different apps? Mine is just called "SolarEdge". There's a different SolarEdge app called SiteMapper, but I think it's for installers (it won't let me log on). Here's what my SolarEdge app looks like:
SolarEdge.png

Hmmm...maybe we have different apps? Mine is just called "SolarEdge". There's a different SolarEdge app called SiteMapper, but I think it's for installers (it won't let me log on). Here's what my SolarEdge app looks like:
View attachment 375008

I believe seeing the physical layout may be an option that needs to be enabled on your account. If I recall correctly, SolarEdge support did this for me when I was on the phone talking to them about an API Key.

@Yonki That looks like the same app as I have. However, whatcapoears on mine is a barcat the bottom of the screen that does not scroll. On the bar are two icons, one as described (a bit like an organisation chart) and one like a circle. Tapping the org chart gets array info, tspping the circle gets the stats image like you shared.

I would put a screenshot here byt when the installer set it up tgey put my address sonewhere and it is now in big letters across top of screen. If I can get rid of that I’ll share the image (or hsppy to share on pm with anybody here, just dont want it visible to rest of world).

• Helpful
Reactions: Yonki
Nope.

Called Solaredge and they said only Tesla can enable that feature. Called Tesla and they said that what I'm asking for is "layout view" and they don't give any customers that. Support guy talked to his manager and came back and said something that's so insane I can't really reconstruct it but was basically "People only use that information to modify their system which would violate the terms/warranty".

I explained that my friends, logged in as homeowners, not contractors, have that view in their Solaredge app. He said you guys shouldn't, and whoever gave it to you is going to get into trouble.

I have a bad feeling about winning this battle. I don't even know which company to try again with...

• Informative
Reactions: Cirrus MS100D