Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App and Thanksgiving screwed me (vent)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered a MY on 4/15, fast forward to 11/22 where my EDD was 12/5-12/31. That morning I also submitted my loan application to my CU and by the afternoon I was provided a VIN and requested to schedule my delivery for my now EDD of 11/23-12/2. Ok that was unexpected, now I need to scramble.

At this point I'm waiting to be approved for the loan before completing the "3rd party financing" section of the pre-delivery tasks. I end up waiting a full day.

11/23, I'm getting spammed texts to schedule my delivery and my EDD has been bumped to 11/24-11/30 but by late afternoon I did get the alert that I was approved for the loan. Still no MVPA, so I kept waiting. That night I then realize I need to enter the lender information in the app so I go to do that and my luck, the app is bugged and I cannot access the pre-delivery tasks. The blue button only says "Go to Account" and takes me directly to the Tesla website which was no help.

I decide to wait for the app to become functional again, and it's now Thanksgiving. I get another automated text saying I need to schedule delivery by 4PM on 11/25 or I will lose my car. I messaged them with details about the situation but as expected, no response on a holiday. Tesla app still broken.

Now it's the morning (today) and I ask them if I can delay my delivery as I have not received my MVPA and the app is broken. I get a text back saying that they can complete the MVPA for me if I provide the lender information and the loan amount. I did this and was returned the MVPA. MVPA was sent to the CU today around noon but I have not heard back yet. I have also explained the situation to them and asked for their process to be expedited.

I have been chatting with my SA more today and they said the latest they can hold it for is until 11/30. If I request a 7 day hold, they can release the VIN and it can be sold so someone else.

So needless to say, things are not looking good. It really sucks that it came to this as I've been preparing for so long and doing my research and I feel it was all for naught. I should have known to fill out the lenders information but I wanted to wait until I got approved before I did that and then things went South. There have been a handful of times since my order where the app broke and I couldn't access my pre-delivery tasks or see my EDD. It had to happen again at the worst possible time. Thanksgiving landing right in the middle of this didn't help either. If I had submitted the lender information earlier it might have helped but it's hard to say. I really didn't wait that long before the app crapped out on me.

Likely wont know more until Monday. Hopefully I can get everything sorted before the 30th but I am not holding my breath. If this falls through I'll likely be having to look elsewhere for a car.

Thanks for reading.

Reactions: dm33
It’s not your fault.
Demand for teslas has dropped off a cliff. Can order today and get a car in a few days. No one wants to order or accept delivery now when tax credit is a few weeks away.
Tesla just cancelled my order because they refused to wait a few weeks. I think they’re desperate to eek out deliveries for Q4. But it’s making it worse. Flood of cars with no buyers. Lots of inventory cars available. Used car market dropping in price. 300 used teslas for sale in Bay Area.

• Informative
  • Disagree
Reactions: Yelobird and cdub
That night I then realize I need to enter the lender information in the app so I go to do that and my luck, the app is bugged and I cannot access the pre-delivery tasks. The blue button only says "Go to Account" and takes me directly to the Tesla website which was no help.
Last year (June 2021) I did all the pre-delivery tasks via the web site. The app did almost nothing before you actually took possession of the car. Has it changed so much that you now need to use the app for pre-delivery tasks and the web site is useless?

It’s not your fault.
Demand for teslas has dropped off a cliff. Can order today and get a car in a few days. No one wants to order or accept delivery now when tax credit is a few weeks away.
Tesla just cancelled my order because they refused to wait a few weeks. I think they’re desperate to eek out deliveries for Q4. But it’s making it worse. Flood of cars with no buyers. Lots of inventory cars available. Used car market dropping in price. 300 used teslas for sale in Bay Area.
Then why won’t they let me push my delivery date? I would still purchase the car before 2023. I just sold my previous so if this falls through I’m kinda f’d.

Then why won’t they let me push my delivery date? I would still purchase the car before 2023. I just sold my previous so if this falls through I’m kinda f’d.
Tesla

I had the same reaction for different reason. Tesla is supposed to be so smart. Innovative. I’m paying cash.
I thought they’d ask for a big deposit, non refundable even, a few thousand dollars. Or even charge to store the car for a month.
But alas, it’s all procedure. The people wanted to help. I even spoke with a manager. But I was told they don’t have the ability to change it.

Tesla

I had the same reaction for different reason. Tesla is supposed to be so smart. Innovative. I’m paying cash.
I thought they’d ask for a big deposit, non refundable even, a few thousand dollars. Or even charge to store the car for a month.
But alas, it’s all procedure. The people wanted to help. I even spoke with a manager. But I was told they don’t have the ability to change it.
You ordered March 1 and are on a Second delay. Yes they canceled your order so someone that’s Wants the car can have it. Why is your indecision their fault?