Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla app charging more than set limit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today I set my Model Y to charge to 70% through the app. I set it to 70, it shows its set to 70, but when it was done charging I get a notification that it is done charging but it says 71% and now I see 73% for SOC on the app. I always wondered when you set it to a percentage, how far below that number does the battery have to get before it charges back up to the preset, but this is just strange to have it read more that what you asked to charge it to.

Anyone else see this type of behavior? I'm on 2020.36.4

I believe that it is a result of a change in battery temperature. The battery seems to have a normal % and a 'cold' % - the term that TeslaFi uses for the 'blue' battery %.

So if you set charge level to 70% 'cold' level (which is the level the app/teslafi etc seem to refer to when setting SoC limit) then the battery temperature changes, it could change by several %, up or down.

Reactions: bkp_duke
Today I set my Model Y to charge to 70% through the app. I set it to 70, it shows its set to 70, but when it was done charging I get a notification that it is done charging but it says 71% and now I see 73% for SOC on the app. I always wondered when you set it to a percentage, how far below that number does the battery have to get before it charges back up to the preset, but this is just strange to have it read more that what you asked to charge it to.

Anyone else see this type of behavior? I'm on 2020.36.4
I have the exact same results. It does SEEM to have started with weather change and cooler nights.