Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App Charging Stats Cannot Show Home Charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Home Location issue
I have struggled with this issue since installing and configuring the Wall Charger. I have isolated the issue being our street address being managed differently by the iOS Maps and the Navigation tool in the Tesla OS.

My street address is 901 West 4th Street. This being the longhand form.

The iOS map form presents:

901 W Fourth St.

In my iOS Contact I use 901 W 4th St. Hav done it for many years.

The Tesla OS Navigation follows this convention when assigning this address to “Home”.

When viewing the iOS Tesla app the Location will display 901 W Fourth St. When the car is nesting near the charger.

My first thought is to move to an address without a numeric street aggress. Second idea is to request to make the longitude & latitude available to handle the Home issue….
I had the same issue since my garage is so far from the house. When the car is in the garage it reports 33 when my address is really 41. Not a big deal I just set my home address to 33. That fixed my app issue.

I have not been diligent about looking for responses to this issue, and I now see that most likely my issue is my HOME address in my Navigation system. I have just set it to an address close to mine and will see if that works. Why not set it to my actual address? I have always thought it wise to just put in a center of town address, (I live in a town of 800 population), such that should my car be car jacked, they do not have the ability to drive to my home via the navigation. Just need to find out the resolution on the nav. if I am now close enough.

I believe I found the issue. Each user must enter the home address at the navigation search. My daughter was the last to drive on the days "home" wasn't recognized. Then I set the home address for her phone-key and all is well. It also stopped the sentry mode while in garage.
100% Correct! was having the same issue, as soon as I set my Navigation Home Address the Charge Stats reported Home Bars perfectly. Thank you!