Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App Charging Stats Cannot Show Home Charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Tesla app could not display home charging correctly. This month I charged the car at home three times. I set the home charging rate to $0.14/kWh. As seen from the screen shirt of the app, Tesla Charging Stats was able to identify home charging only for the first time. The second and third time, Tesla misidentified home charging as “Other”.

I park the car in the same garage. Tesla turned off sentry mode automatically when I park the car at home so it should know the location right.

Any ideas why the app misidentify the home charging and how to fix it? Thanks.

Me Too! I use SuperChargers and a wall mount charge at home. Numbers look right for SuperCharger but shows 0 for home which is just not true. It does show usage on other. I am not sure how Tesla identifies home, however I assume it is geo coded. My address has been input in settings so it clearly knows home address, and geo knows when it is home. I do not know what is defined as other, but again suspect it is anything it cannot ID as home or SuperCharger. Looks like a handy tool, just needs a little sorting. I may drive and charge at an "other" and see if and where it gets posted.

In another thread it was observed, and discussed, how at least for some, parking the Tesla in a garage can cause it to lose its position, or decrease the accuracy of the position. If this actually happens to you it may be the explanation is that car could then "think" it is not at home. It would be interesting to confirm (or find out otherwise) if this happens only to garaged cars.
I did mention in the other thread that, despite somewhat legit technical reasons for loss or decreased accuracy in position while in the garage, Tesla should easily be able to implement something that "locks in" the last known "good" position if the wheels never move (as would be the case in the garage). Even if the computed GPS position changed while in the garage, start looking for satellites based on that locked in position and things should be better. Our other car even goes so far as to track where the wheel rolls and direction while out of satellite coverage, e.g. in concrete parking structure, to still estimate where we are. Never tested this with the Tesla.

Reactions: whatthe2
Same issue here. We've had the car for 2 weeks or so, and just 3 days ago it stopped showing "home" charging.
charge stats.jpg

My Tesla app could not display home charging correctly. This month I charged the car at home three times. I set the home charging rate to $0.14/kWh. As seen from the screen shirt of the app, Tesla Charging Stats was able to identify home charging only for the first time. The second and third time, Tesla misidentified home charging as “Other”.

I park the car in the same garage. Tesla turned off sentry mode automatically when I park the car at home so it should know the location right.

I was having this problem too. I modified my account data, tried updates, messed with feature, but nothing would work. Then one day while driving I hit the “home” button on my navigation and realized it was programmed to my old address. I changed the address to reflect where my new home address is and it fixed everything. Most people don’t need help navigating back home so I’m thinking it’s quite often overlooked. Give it a try- I hope it works because it was making me crazy.

Reactions: Beandoc

I have the fix for most of you. My car was having this problem too. I modified my account data, tried updates, messed with features and tried everything in the app, but nothing would work. Then one day while driving I hit the “home” button on my navigation and realized it was programmed to my old address. I changed the address to reflect where my new home address is and it fixed everything. Most people don’t need help navigating back home so I’m thinking it’s quite often overlooked. Give it a try- I hope it works because it was making me crazy.

Me Too! I use SuperChargers and a wall mount charge at home. Numbers look right for SuperCharger but shows 0 for home which is just not true. It does show usage on other. I am not sure how Tesla identifies home, however I assume it is geo coded. My address has been input in settings so it clearly knows home address, and geo knows when it is home. I do not know what is defined as other, but again suspect it is anything it cannot ID as home or SuperCharger. Looks like a handy tool, just needs a little sorting. I may drive and charge at an "other" and see if and where it gets posted.
Solution:

I was having this problem too. I modified my account data, tried updates, messed with feature, but nothing would work. Then one day while driving I hit the “home” button on my navigation and realized it was programmed to my old address. I changed the address to reflect where my new home address is and it fixed everything. Most people don’t need help navigating back home so I’m thinking it’s quite often overlooked. Give it a try- I hope it works because it was making me crazy.

Just to add for me my garage is 100+ feet from my home so I had to enter the address that showed as the cars location on the app. A #33 house number instead of 40's where my address really is. Haven't had an issue since setting my home address in the car to the incorrect number.

I believe I found the issue. Each user must enter the home address at the navigation search. My daughter was the last to drive on the days "home" wasn't recognized. Then I set the home address for her phone-key and all is well. It also stopped the sentry mode while in garage.
Boom! That was it! Drove me crazy until I took my wife’s phone out to car and hit “Set home”!
Sir, you made my day!

Reactions: Lost Bolt
This worked for me!

Sorry to be thick but where in the app is ‘set home’?
What you need to do is go into your navigation and set the home address.
You need to do this for every profile.
So select your profile, set Home in navigation then select the next profile and repeat for every profile you have.
Using your wife/husband/kid's phone is just a way to get to their profile without selecting it.

Also when parked where you normally park, check the Tesla app on your phone and see where the app thinks your car is parked.
For me the app told me that I was 2 doors away from where I live. So I had to set that address as my home address and now the car thinks that it is at home instead of Other.

This works for exclude home in sentry mode as well, or exclude work etc.

Home Location issue
I have struggled with this issue since installing and configuring the Wall Charger. I have isolated the issue being our street address being managed differently by the iOS Maps and the Navigation tool in the Tesla OS.

My street address is 901 West 4th Street. This being the longhand form.

The iOS map form presents:

901 W Fourth St.

In my iOS Contact I use 901 W 4th St. Hav done it for many years.

The Tesla OS Navigation follows this convention when assigning this address to “Home”.

When viewing the iOS Tesla app the Location will display 901 W Fourth St. When the car is nesting near the charger.

My first thought is to move to an address without a numeric street aggress. Second idea is to request to make the longitude & latitude available to handle the Home issue….