Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App Collision Service pain

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Over the holidays someone slid into our parked Model Y at slow speed but it still marked the bumper and pushed in the fog light. Sentry mode recorded everything, the driver admitted liability and his insurance promptly started a claim. I used the Tesla mobile app to request a collision service and a couple weeks later get a message from Sunnyvale that they don't have a paint shop so to find another repair location from this link:

The next place on the list is Tesla Service Santa Clara so I reschedule there and then get the same response from them.
Next on the list is Tesla Collision San Jose, which sounds promising, but for the life of me I can't get that location to appear in the App to select. It only shows the nearest 3 Service (not Collision) locations. Even entering my location as the the address of Tesla Collision San Jose doesn't help.

Finally in frustration, I drive over to the Sunnyvale service center (cause you can't get anyone on the phone) and they basically say 'Yup the app is messed up. We can't book collision either and last I heard they were booked 6 months out, so the fastest thing you can do is contact a 3rd party body shop'. So much for the seamless app experience which has worked quite well in the past.

tpoltron,
I am having the same problem now. Trying to find a service center to repair damaged rear bumper that was hit by a car backed in to me. I found a service center listed in the app then got respond that they don't do it. Then I think what the heck listed there then...! I guess I am going to try a 3rd party, Tesla authorized repair shop. Which one did you use? I am looking for one in LA. Thanks

Reactions: M3Posh
tpoltron,
I am having the same problem now. Trying to find a service center to repair damaged rear bumper that was hit by a car backed in to me. I found a service center listed in the app then got respond that they don't do it. Then I think what the heck listed there then...! I guess I am going to try a 3rd party, Tesla authorized repair shop. Which one did you use? I am looking for one in LA. Thanks
I’m working on a similar situation myself, car parked next to me lightly brushed up on my new M3P… I don’t even have license plates yet. Anyhow, I’m up in Camarillo and have been referred to Harry’s in Thousand Oaks. Apparentlay the Agoura Hills service center sends their collision work to Harry’s. A visit to their shop confirmed their lot was littered with various Teslas. I plan on taking my car to them.

For most of collision work I believe you need to use a Tesla certified body shop. My understanding is that most Tesla service centers don't do body work. A friend of mine did get his rear bumper replaced by the local Tesla service center after my daughter scraped it while trying to parallel park behind it, so I guess for something like bumper replacement at least some SC's can do it.

Reactions: M3Posh
Seems like this is something that you wouldn't enter a service request for in the app to begin with. For a collision, you are better off looking for Tesla approved body shops and just calling them directly to schedule an appointment. This is all handled through insurance and Tesla service has nothing to do with it.

Reactions: drdumont