Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App Connectivity Issues 2019-09-02

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderator note: Merging posts from two (maybe more if I encounter them) threads on this same topic, which has to do with app connectivity on 2 September 2019.

Few days with the car and the wife gave me crap because the screen shut off while she was driving. Came back on of course, but still. Currently the app isn’t working. Does anyone know what this means?

Attachments

• E78B1349-BE06-45EA-A481-FA2F92C84EB5.png
    E78B1349-BE06-45EA-A481-FA2F92C84EB5.png
    306.1 KB · Views: 76
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: AW9nineteen
Is anyone else having connectivity issues with the Tesla App? I have not been able to connect to the car all evening. I've tried rebooting both my Android Note 8 plus the car and still the Tesla App can't connect to the car.

I tried turning WIFI on and off and still no Tesla App connectivity. With both WIFI on and off, I was able to use the car's Web browser so I know the car has Internet connectivity but the Tesla App still is not able to connect.

Is there some issue that affects just me or are others having issues?

Anything else I can do to troubleshoot or get this to work?

Moderator note: Merging posts from two (maybe more if I encounter them) threads on this same topic, which has to do with app connectivity on 2 September 2019.

Few days with the car and the wife gave me crap because the screen shut off while she was driving. Came back on of course, but still. Currently the app isn’t working. Does anyone know what this means?
I too have the same issue. Did a reset on the car - didn't think i was going matter, and it didn't - the car seems to be fine, but the app won't connect.

There has been significant turnover on the network team. These outages don’t surprise me. The people who would typically be all hands on deck whenever there’s an issue are no longer there. I suspect we will see outages like this over the next several weeks.

There has been significant turnover on the network team. These outages don’t surprise me. The people who would typically be all hands on deck whenever there’s an issue are no longer there. I suspect we will see outages like this over the next several weeks.

I wish the App had the capability to display some type of an outage message when this happens rather than taking forever to timeout.

At least this way you know what the issue is.

I feel bad for the poor people who have to answer the Tesla Support phone number...

The app did, for me. It said ‘maintenance’ about half the time. No idea what causes that. As I posted in one of the threads they added that after one weekend (last summer? 2018?) when it was down for a weekend and they probably got thousands of phone calls.

The problem is/was the app would work for the Model 3 but if you saw the message and logged out you were screwed as you couldn’t log in and then it would NOT work for the 3. Time to find your cardkey which some don’t carry with them.

But in general ‘unknown error’ is alwayS on Tesla’s side so carry on. :D

I thought they had a switch to have it say ‘maintenance’ but it could be automatic to stop the phone calls.

I wish the App had the capability to display some type of an outage message when this happens rather than taking forever to timeout.

At least this way you know what the issue is.

I feel bad for the poor people who have to answer the Tesla Support phone number...
What Tesla Support phone number?
Is the app considered mission critical? I rarely used it except to pre-A/C the car. Otherwise used the the fob.