Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App customization

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure if anyone else already figured this out, but I accidently discovered that you can customize the layout of the 4 control icons that are located in the center of the Tesla App (just under the picture of the car), by simply pressing and holding one of those 4 icons (circled red) for a couple of seconds.

When you do so, a pop-up screen appears with a bunch of other icons you can pick from and by simply dragging and dropping you can replace the 4 default icons and customize your layout. Quite a neat featue if you ask me.

Attachments

• pic01.jpg
    pic01.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 4,245
  • pic02.jpg
    pic02.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 243
Saw this mentioned a couple days ago somewhere and assumed you needed to be on 2021.40.x, I was on 2021.36.x then, but now have 2021.40.x and long pressing on one of those icons still doesn't do anything for me.

I don't know if this is a bug or a feature, but it's possible to get 5 icons on that page. The reason it may be a bug is that it's pretty hard to do. I had to use two fingers while placing it, move it around on the far right until a second row opens up below the 4. Then pressed save, and there were 4 icons plus an extra space on one row. I was then able to add a 5th icon.

Attachments

• Tesla app.png
    Tesla app.png
    282.6 KB · Views: 206
I don't know if this is a bug or a feature, but it's possible to get 5 icons on that page. The reason it may be a bug is that it's pretty hard to do. I had to use two fingers while placing it, move it around on the far right until a second row opens up below the 4. Then pressed save, and there were 4 icons plus an extra space on one row. I was then able to add a 5th icon.
Just tried following your suggestion and managed to get a 5th icon in as well. Thanks! Hopefully they don't fix this lol

Reactions: Marty3SR+
I don't think I did this right... LOL
And better yet - I can't fix it!

ca919cb29db32ed19865aaca8e990dee108ee68c6afd59a905f9627e63df44ac.jpg

Is this for real? What phone is it, or is it a tablet? I was going to make a suggestion about the first problem, but now, I'm not sure what's going on. Or if it's a problem or not.
it is for real! Just drag one icon to the right border of the 4, then with another finger do 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10 extra swipes to the right and let go. the icon will fall somewhere. DON'T save if there's a gap! If there's a gap, click outside and start over. Or you'll end up stuck with Tesla soup.

It's an iphone

it is for real! Just drag one icon to the right border of the 4, then with another finger do 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10 extra swipes to the right and let go. the icon will fall somewhere. DON'T save if there's a gap! If there's a gap, click outside and start over. Or you'll end up stuck with Tesla soup.

It's an iphone
So, did you have to reinstall after the first attempt? I was wondering if you could still long click on the group of icons, and then... well, I don't know.

So, did you have to reinstall after the first attempt? I was wondering if you could still long click on the group of icons, and then... well, I don't know.
My advice is: do not save if it's not what you want. You'll have to reinstall and re-pair with the car if you do. Whether it's good or bad, there's no way to undo anything between 5 and 13 icons. You can only go up, never down.

I'm not sure if anyone else already figured this out, but I accidently discovered that you can customize the layout of the 4 control icons that are located in the center of the Tesla App (just under the picture of the car), by simply pressing and holding one of those 4 icons (circled red) for a couple of seconds.

When you do so, a pop-up screen appears with a bunch of other icons you can pick from and by simply dragging and dropping you can replace the 4 default icons and customize your layout. Quite a neat featue if you ask me.
Nice find - thank you!

It's an iphone
Oh my. So is adding additional icons the same as to get the 5th one? I think I could do with maybe one more XD

Reactions: helvio