Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App Draining My iPhone SE 2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have Tesla app v4.3.0 running on my iPhone SE Gen. 2 (2020). I rarely use this phone as it's a backup, yet I find that I need to charge it every other day or the battery would go down to zero. According to the 'battery' page in Settings, Tesla app is the 100% hog. I have tried swiping up the app, rebooting, and uninstalling/re-installing the app, but I don't see any change to the battery draining pattern. Any other suggestion on reducing Tesla app's drain? Thanks.

IMG_0008.PNG

The Tesla app is at the top but it doesn't mean it uses a lot of power. You're not doing anything with the phone.

I use a old phone as an alarm clock. If I turn off wifi (in fact I set airplane mode), it can last days and days. As soon as wifi is on, it will die within a couple of days. It'S very possible that your battery isn't great anymore and the phone would drain even without the Tesla app on it.

The Tesla app is at the top but it doesn't mean it uses a lot of power. You're not doing anything with the phone.

I use a old phone as an alarm clock. If I turn off wifi (in fact I set airplane mode), it can last days and days. As soon as wifi is on, it will die within a couple of days. It'S very possible that your battery isn't great anymore and the phone would drain even without the Tesla app on it.
Thanks. You may be right. iPhone SE 2 is notorious for battery drain. But on my primary phone (iPhone 11) Tesla app shows only about 1 hour of background activity in a 24-hour span. The 5+ hours on the SE certainly looks excessive. I am changing the location service to 'while using' to see if that makes a difference.