Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App eligible upgrades says FSD...but I have that...I think?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know how it's with used cars? I bought mine from a third party, so it never went back to Tesla. It has EAP as it has navigate on autopilot beta (AP2 hardware). The tesla app shows that I have all of the eligible upgrades, but none as purchased. So perhaps, it has FSD and should get the FSD chipset upgrade when available?

What year/model do you have? The app behavior sounds like you don’t have FSD and aren’t eligible for it. My wife’s 2016 X with HW1 looks like that.

• Informative
Reactions: croman
AND WE'RE SOLVED! Jonathan got copies of my window sticker and my sales agreement and got it all turned on to FSD. A+ for Tesla customer service. Someone on here early on reached out and advised I contact my sales rep. Turns out that was exactly the solution.

The irony - I was scheduled to have my new HW3.0 installed tomorrow. Well, literally within minutes of learning that I was confirmed on FSD (meaning I was confirmed for the free upgrade), my dealership advised that they had exhausted their inventory and I would have to reschedule. Sigh. Anyways, thanks for the input from everyone - it definitely helped. Hat tip to Tesla for doing the right thing and solving this for me.

Anyone know how it's with used cars? I bought mine from a third party, so it never went back to Tesla. It has EAP as it has navigate on autopilot beta (AP2 hardware). The tesla app shows that I have all of the eligible upgrades, but none as purchased. So perhaps, it has FSD and should get the FSD chipset upgrade when available?

Click on the software menu and it should list Full Self Driving Capability (with an info button) AND Premium Connectivity status right in the center of the menu.

That's the way to tell.