Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla app - false “rear passenger window down message?”

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi - took possession of 2017 x 100 recently. My wife’s first real day cruising around with car- while she was out and parked, connected to Tesla app and saw sentry mode on but little status message saying rear window was down? She was shopping for an hour so quickly called her as it was snowing and told her to check.. she went to car and thankfully windows were fully up all around the car. Not even down a crack? Anybody see this before?

this also led me to discover that there is no way to initiate window up command from app? So bizarre as I can vent them but have to be in car to roll up?

Screen capture of message below

Attachments

• CB9EE48D-A024-4DC4-AED7-F3A806D556C2.jpeg
    CB9EE48D-A024-4DC4-AED7-F3A806D556C2.jpeg
    343.6 KB · Views: 241
Hi - took possession of 2017 x 100 recently. My wife’s first real day cruising around with car- while she was out and parked, connected to Tesla app and saw sentry mode on but little status message saying rear window was down? She was shopping for an hour so quickly called her as it was snowing and told her to check.. she went to car and thankfully windows were fully up all around the car. Not even down a crack? Anybody see this before?

this also led me to discover that there is no way to initiate window up command from app? So bizarre as I can vent them but have to be in car to roll up?

Not having window up control is purely a safety feature. If you were parked somewhere far out of site, you certainly would not want to raise the window crushing the hand of 12 year old looking inside. Nope, forcing you to go to the car to close anything, is the right thing to do. At least you got the reminder! ;)

It's a common issue.

From time to time windows need to be recalibrated. Tesla even has the procedure listed in its website.

Just follow the steps listed here and the message should go away.

• Informative
Reactions: Vaillant and brkaus
Not having window up control is purely a safety feature. If you were parked somewhere far out of site, you certainly would not want to raise the window crushing the hand of 12 year old looking inside. Nope, forcing you to go to the car to close anything, is the right thing to do. At least you got the reminder! ;)

A little off topic but on Model S I can close the rear hatch or the panoramic roof via the app if either are open. However I have no window control at all to vent or otherwise. ??