Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App: False Software Update Status?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, first-time Tesla owner here. Tried searching for this but it's a bit of a weird one. My Tesla app shows 50% progress on the latest software update. This started the day I took delivery last Friday. It's been stuck there since. BUT here's the weird part: The screen in the car reports the current version is up to date. So I'm thinking that the car is right but the app is mis-reporting. Any ideas on clearing this in the app? Not a huge deal if the car is up to date; just annoying to see that in the app.

Hi all, first-time Tesla owner here. Tried searching for this but it's a bit of a weird one. My Tesla app shows 50% progress on the latest software update. This started the day I took delivery last Friday. It's been stuck there since. BUT here's the weird part: The screen in the car reports the current version is up to date. So I'm thinking that the car is right but the app is mis-reporting. Any ideas on clearing this in the app? Not a huge deal if the car is up to date; just annoying to see that in the app.
You might want to:

Log out and log back in
Uninstall then reinstall the app.

I live in an apartment building and Wi-Fi does not extend to the parking garage. The car is reporting that the software is up to date — the same version that the app is reporting at 50%. Rebooted the car and reinstalled the app. Still the same result.

I've had my MY since February and all software updates have worked smoothly. But recently, the last couple of updates did exactly what you describe:
  • the car and the app show that a download is in progress
  • download appears to be stuck at something like 25% for example - both car and app show this and can last for days
  • after a few days, the car no longer shows a download in progress and says I am up to date (but on the old software version)
  • yet the app still shows download in progress
Rebooting phone or car doesn't change anything, reinstalling the app doesn't change anything.
Eventually they car does the download again, it's successful, then the app is in sync with the car again.
I have my car parked in a spot with good wi-fi reception during all of this.

I don't have an answer other than just wait a week or so and it might fix its self.