Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App Family Sharing Help - Car + Solar

I need your input as to how to best do this for those that have families all sharing different Tesla Accounts and what not.

Here's the current situation:
  • I already have an existing Tesla Account for my Tesla vehicle. I'm the only one that has access to this Account.
  • I just helped my folks sign up for Tesla Solar. Installation is in a few weeks.
  • I accidentally signed up for Tesla Solar using a different email address than the one associated with my existing Tesla Account. I submitted the request for Tesla to somehow combine/move that solar order into my existing account.
Here's what I'd like for the future:
  • Have the vehicle and solar all under one account (preferably the existing account that began with the vehicle).
  • Provide access to the solar data via the Tesla app to my folks.
  • Do not provide access to the vehicle data/controls to my folks.
  • Be able to see both solar and vehicle data/controls on my own Tesla app.
Can this be achieved? And if so, what needs to be done? Thanks in advance.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC