Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App Feature Wish - Crack the Window Open

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Warmer weather is finally here, as a first-year owner of Model X, I quickly notices the cabinet temperature heats up pretty quickly even when the outside temperature is just a tad north of 70 degrees. Wouldn't that be nice to have this feature in a mobile app that I could use to crack all windows open a tad bit, or have them all close (in case the storm comes)?

Warmer weather is finally here, as a first-year owner of Model X, I quickly notices the cabinet temperature heats up pretty quickly even when the outside temperature is just a tad north of 70 degrees. Wouldn't that be nice to have this feature in a mobile app that I could use to crack all windows open a tad bit, or have them all close (in case the storm comes)?

Cabin overheat protection is probably a better solution here for most scenarios. It ventilates to outside while the windows remain closed and using minimal power in our experience.

• Informative
Reactions: tangent
I would love a close all windows too. Every now and then, i've noticed my windows slightly opened (by a passenger or whatever), and it might be a day or so before I notice. The car is garaged when at home and where available, but still.

Reactions: tangent
Yes Tesla doesn't support opening or closing windows remotely. But they easily could. The iPhone app 'Remote S' has a few cool features. One of them is with one button you can turn the AC to lowest setting and vent the roof. Cools the car down quickly.

I would like this feature as well. I would even add to this .... use the rain sensors and when rain is detected, it will close windows automatically if not already closed.

I wonder if not having the ability to control the windows via the API is a security feature? If someone hacks into your car, at least they can't open the windows and gain access to the vehicle.

Otherwise, I do like the idea to be able to at least close the windows remotely, assuming that too isn't a security issue since someone could have their fingers or arm in the window when someone issues the remote close command.

I have wanted remote window control for years with my S. It'd be perfect for this week, with temps expected to just reach 70.
I don't think it'd be security issue; certainly not more so than being able to unlock the car which we already can.

Originally, holding the roof of the key fob would lower all windows all the way, if within range. In a minute the car could cool 10-20 degrees. Unfortunately there was no way to close them. Tesla removed that feature with a software update, presumably because too many people sat on their fob when it was raining.

Reactions: vandacca