Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla app for Android

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just tried to open the frunck using the widget and the app directly, in both cases it's ask to confirm
Oh my bad... forgot to mention the condition of "mobile being locked", I know it makes no sense, as confirmation required if mobile is unlocked, but not required if mobile is locked 😂

on your lock screen you will have Tesla Widget visible... when connected to car, press that down arrow to show more, it will give three choices
  1. Unlock car
  2. Unlock Trunk
  3. Unlock Frunk
No confirmation necessary for Frunk this way.

That is where it's bug/feature, as no phone passcode necessary ideal if you are carrying groceries, worst if someone is carrying your mobile.

Maybe, I can not install a widget on the lock screen because I'm on Android 8 Oreo and I do not want to mess with it. 👍
Android 8 was having widgets already.... try the latest technique of long pressing on your mobile screen and adding widget... you might get lucky.
Widget is a good part of car experience as you can check on car like weather all the time and open trunk/frunk as needed without fiddling with anything else when carrying something.

on your lock screen you will have Tesla Widget visible... when connected to car, press that down arrow to show more, it will give three choices
  1. Unlock car
  2. Unlock Trunk
  3. Unlock Frunk
Android 8 have widgets but not on the lock screen, and I have the Tesla widget on one of my screens.
The controls like charge, lock/unlock, climate working directly without opening the Tesla App. The Trunk/Trunk open option still require the Tesla App and confirmation.
Can you upload a picture with the arrow ?

Reactions: Audietron
Android 8 have widgets but not on the lock screen, and I have the Tesla widget on one of my screens.
The controls like charge, lock/unlock, climate working directly without opening the Tesla App. The Trunk/Trunk open option still require the Tesla App and confirmation.
Can you upload a picture with the arrow ?

I uploaded photo earlier in thread.

I found Tesla attitude towards developing release notes and change log suspicious either they think that we are part of the game/simulation and we need to earn that information by isolating truth from heaps of misinformation out there.... or they simply are like missing a** h**e from the car (exhaust - 😂 ) and don't care. same goes for many tutorials.

there are two shape of widgets... small tile and large 3 tile like weather widget.

when you are connected to car, and swipe down on top of the screen to see notification or on locked screen click on down arrow saying more... it will show something as following:
View attachment 727594

which is a security risk (as no need to unlock the mobile) as unlocks car without having mobile lock code but at the same time super handy, as it would open front trunk without confirmation dialog box...

IMG_20211031_110002.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: nurusz
something I've noticed with
2021.44.5+
My phone is now getting "Cabin overheat protection activation due to high heat"

NFC lock/unIock, I don't use it much but it's handy to have
I'm pretty sure I used to be able to just hold the phone up to the driver B pillar to unlock/lock
Now I have to unlock my phone to use NFC to unlock/lock my car
Not sure if this change related to Tesla app update or Android 12 which I recently updated to

• Informative
Reactions: nurusz
something I've noticed with
2021.44.5+
My phone is now getting "Cabin overheat protection activation due to high heat"

NFC lock/unIock, I don't use it much but it's handy to have
I'm pretty sure I used to be able to just hold the phone up to the driver B pillar to unlock/lock
Now I have to unlock my phone to use NFC to unlock/lock my car
Not sure if this change related to Tesla app update or Android 12 which I recently updated to
I didn't know that the NFC can open the car. It's work even with my S7 android 8

4.5.1 now has charging stats but the costs are showing in GBP £ despite it showing that they are based on Wellington region average 😂. Interesting but for now OptiWatt shouldn't be worried ....

Plus selecting the utility provider list brings up Canada and US locations only....

4.5.1 now has charging stats but the costs are showing in GBP £ despite it showing that they are based on Wellington region average 😂. Interesting but for now OptiWatt shouldn't be worried ....

Plus selecting the utility provider list brings up Canada and US locations only....
well I guess not much use on the cost front for now
I'm still on 4.4.4-347

4.5.1 brings the ability to see your car build and warranty. Under view details
I found the "View Details" at the very bottom of the App main page, below the VIN number.

But when I click the link, I saw for one second the "Specs" and "Warranty" then suddenly I get a black page with a Tesla logo in the middle.

The page stays black and touching the screen has no effect.

When I click the "back" button of my phone, the App close.