Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App for iPhone IOS12

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I try to use Tesla app on my IOS 12 iphone, it tells me "Mobile Update Required" (the prior version of the app will no longer be supported after Aug 31, 2022) and I can't move pass that screen. But the App itself is for IOS 13 or higher and will not download to my phone - what to do??

I believe IOS is on 16 these days, it's fairly reasonable to say sometimes they may discontinue support on older version of apps on older IOS revisions.

Do you have an older iPhone that can't go past ios 12? If so, you may want to consider upgrading it.

that if my old iPhone works adequately otherwise?
But that’s the thing. It doesn’t work adequately. There are plenty of apps that won’t work with such old code. Certainly consider upgrading. Most mobile providers will give you a brand new one just by signing a 2 year financing agreement.
But, there is a trick to download older code. In the App Store choose your avatar in the upper right and then purchases. That will let you install older versions of apps.
Note that this does not work in all situations. If the author prohibits this, then you are likely stuck it the same situation you are currently in. Further, the older app may not support the newer authentication and encryption methods needed for sufficient privacy and security, essentially killing any option for you to to use.
Good luck.

No one is forcing you to update you phone. All they say is if you wish to use the app you need to meet a minimum standard to which your phone does not support.

You don't need a phone to use the car, it just makes the experience better.