Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla app for mac

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all!

I've created an beta app for macOS using Swift 3, Alamofire and SwiftyJSON - unfortunately Summon and Homelink aren't supported.

Version 1.2 is here!

Here is a screenshot of the UI
TbdXUOU.png

Source Code (GitHub)

Download link for the app itself (GitHub)

Features:

• Remote Start
  • Battery info -- Graph
  • Climate Control & Info
  • Lock, Unlock, Horn, Flash Lights
  • Sunroof control -- Currently not working on Tesla's end
  • Several images of you car in it's natural habitat
  • Latitude, Longitude, Map location, Speed, Gear & Heading
  • Fun easter eggs
Known issues:

• "No chart data availible" - this is normal, i'll hopefully remove the issue in the next update
  • Go to Tapp -> Quit Tapp instead of just hitting the red X - unless you use your mac as a space heater, in which case just leave it running.
  • The developer
  • General instability (With the app;)) Fixed

To come:

• Summon and Homelink Support (Websockets)
  • Live Data (Websockets) Swift doesn't work well with websockets
  • More Graphs!
  • Nicer UI
  • Battery controls
  • Heated Seat Controls (maybe) -- hint, hint
  • (Almost) Anything TMC wants
  • Easter eggs Done!
Suggestions welcomed!
View the README.md here if you're having troubles running the app.

My diet is errors and troubleshooting with a hint of success for the time being - Please don't hesitate to report errors either here or in my PMs.

Thanks!

This looks awesome. Downloading and giving it a try!
Thanks, if you have any issues do please contact me.

Awesome. Thank you. I assume you need to enter your Tesla login info as in other efforts? Maybe describing what happens with that data is worthwhile.

The application takes in the My Tesla email and password, sends it to the tesla login server, retrieves an access token from the server which it then uses to complete vehicle functions. All data is either within the app or on Tesla servers. Also, if you uncheck "Stay logged in" then none of your data will be saved.

Is there a way to select which car, if you have more than one Tesla?

Not at the moment, but I'm adding that to the next update currently.

I love my Mac but what advantages does this have over just using my Tesla iphone app?

In a sense they are the same, because Tesla's API only includes so many functions. The goal here is to do everything that the Tesla app does on mobile devices on a mac computer.

However, the mobile app doesn't include inside and outside temperature graphs, or the "Custom Alarm" ;)