Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App for the Apple Watch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 684
While not providing any significant functionality over the phone app, this is an example of why I plan to get one. The simple 2-way interaction capability without having to take my phone out or even hold it in my hand is valuable to me. Another example, my wife and I share a Reminder list for our grocery shopping. Having the list on my wrist, rather than on my phone in my hand will make it much easier. I've had a Pebble since it came out. So, I already have seen value of the 1-way notifications on it. And I'm looking very forward to simple, basic 2-way interactions on the Watch.

Tesla Legal should - and probably will - shut that down quick. Of course, the developers could remove the Tesla logo and trademarked font, but they still run the risk of using the API in an unsupported way.

The real unfortunate thing is for folks like us who have enjoyed home grown apps like VisibleTesla is that Tesla's likely to respond by shutting down 3rd party access to their APIs.

I have had a bit of a Twitter conversation with two of the folks working on this (@Mithgollor and @MarkiyanMatsekh) and it does seem to be unofficial. The firm (Eleks) also seems to be based in the Ukraine so I wonder how much direct experience they have with the cars? But one would hope that Tesla would take the idea and run with it to create an official app.

Tesla Apple Watch App

Anyone have any inside info if Tesla is going to make an Apple Watch app?
1. I'd like to be able to preheat
2. I'd like to know my charge status. Notify me when its finished etc.
3. Not sure about opening doors, venting, or starting but maybe.
Just wondering if anyone out there has some inside info.
:biggrin:

Anyone have any inside info if Tesla is going to make an Apple Watch app?
1. I'd like to be able to preheat
2. I'd like to know my charge status. Notify me when its finished etc.
3. Not sure about opening doors, venting, or starting but maybe.
Just wondering if anyone out there has some inside info.
:biggrin:
I don't know if Tesla will make an app, but someone else has an early version from the watch introduction:

Tesla App for the Apple Watch - Page 2