Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla app function

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering if anyone can tell me if this is normal, I have my powerwalls powering the house during peak 4 to 9pm and when looking at the app I notice that up til 4 I still have some solar going to the house. Since it is winter it is around .6kW but when the powerwalls take over at 4 the solar goes away. I went to look at the inverters and it still show a small amount of solar, so wondering if it is a function of such a small amount the app cannot show it at that time.

Wondering if anyone can tell me if this is normal, I have my powerwalls powering the house during peak 4 to 9pm and when looking at the app I notice that up til 4 I still have some solar going to the house. Since it is winter it is around .6kW but when the powerwalls take over at 4 the solar goes away. I went to look at the inverters and it still show a small amount of solar, so wondering if it is a function of such a small amount the app cannot show it at that time.
The behavior I see on my system during the afternoon transition to a peak period is; prior to peak, solar goes to the house and any excess goes to the PW if it is less than 100% or to the grid if it is at 100%.

once I’m in the peak period, PW handles any house load and all solar goes to the grid Even if it is only .1 or .2 kWs

I would think that is how it should work so wonder why the solar disappears once I reach peak.
If as you said the inverters indicate they are still producing solar, you should be able to see where it is going In the app.

in the last 3 days mine changed its behavior. Since the install, in TBC mode, the battery only powered the house during the peak period Which for me starts at 2PM. As of a couple days ago, it started powering the house at 7 AM which is the start of my partial peak and it will power the house until 11PM when I move into the off peak period.

i see you are in Sonoma so you know we’ve been having very sunny days and the PWs seem to have gotten smart enough to expand the hours the battery powers the house knowing they will recharged enough to also cover the peak period.

Last edited: