Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App Functionality

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone,
I've had my Tesla 3 for 5 days now, and am loving it. I'm still learning functionality and have a couple of questions:

Is there a way to read software update notes on the mobile app, or is the only option to sit in the car and read them on the screen?

What about the Trip Planner? I'd like to be able to use some of these tools while still in the house, before getting into my car.

Thanks for your help.

Is there a way to read software update notes on the mobile app, or is the only option to sit in the car and read them on the screen?

Not that I know of, but release notes are frequently posted in threads here if you want to review.

What about the Trip Planner? I'd like to be able to use some of these tools while still in the house, before getting into my car.

May I suggest using abetterrouteplanner.com

As the name suggests, it is really a better route planner, allowing you to set waypoints, specify alternate charging stops, and it does actually give better plans, doing a better job of optimizing total trip time rather than simply trying to minimize number of stops.

Not that I know of, but release notes are frequently posted in threads here if you want to review.

May I suggest using abetterrouteplanner.com

As the name suggests, it is really a better route planner, allowing you to set waypoints, specify alternate charging stops, and it does actually give better plans, doing a better job of optimizing total trip time rather than simply trying to minimize number of stops.
Thanks so much for your suggestion. It is a wonderful option. I tried the app first, and found it difficult to use, but the website is fantastic. Thanks for taking the time to respond.