TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla App Functionality

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by Molnarnj, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Molnarnj

Molnarnj Member

Hello everyone,
    I've had my Tesla 3 for 5 days now, and am loving it. I'm still learning functionality and have a couple of questions:

Is there a way to read software update notes on the mobile app, or is the only option to sit in the car and read them on the screen?

What about the Trip Planner? I'd like to be able to use some of these tools while still in the house, before getting into my car.

Thanks for your help.

2. RTPEV

RTPEV Member

Not that I know of, but release notes are frequently posted in threads here if you want to review.

May I suggest using abetterrouteplanner.com

As the name suggests, it is really a better route planner, allowing you to set waypoints, specify alternate charging stops, and it does actually give better plans, doing a better job of optimizing total trip time rather than simply trying to minimize number of stops.

3. Stach

Stach Member

Also, ABetterRoutePlanner has an app for phones as well.

4. DaveRZ

DaveRZ Member

You can "Share" a destination with your car by using your phone's "share" feature and sending the location to the Tesla app. This way you don't have to type it in once you get in the car. It's not quite the same as having Trip Planner on your phone, but its a step in the right direction.

• Like x 2
  5. Molnarnj

Molnarnj Member

Thanks so much for your suggestion. It is a wonderful option. I tried the app first, and found it difficult to use, but the website is fantastic. Thanks for taking the time to respond.