Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App Graphics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I only recently noticed a couple of things on the Tesla app relating to the car. Firstly it sometimes shows my car from front left and other times from rear left. Can't work out if it's related to anything specific or just random. The second thing was when I checked the app to see if my wife was on the way home and picked the exact moment she unlocked the car (padlock opened) and then the drivers door opened and shut on the screen. Completely pointless bit of tech but quite fun.

It depends on what is going on. Front left is the default view, rear left is when you're charging it. It's kind of difficult to see but it's really showing the cable and the port light (at least in ios).

I believe it will actually show doors opened live as well, sometimes they're difficult to see on the other side of the car.

Yep. The app is pretty good at showing anything about the state of the car that would be visible if you were there in person: charging; open doors, frunk, trunk.

So far, though, it always shows the car as being clean, even when it's badly in need of a wash. Next release, perhaps.