Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App & Homelink Control

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi

I recently had Homelink installed in my Model 3 and noticed that a Homelink button now appears under the Controls section in the Tesla app. I tried selecting this button and confirming that I want to activate it, however, the app responds saying that that there are no Homelink equipped garage doors in range of my M3.

Any thoughts on why this wouldn't work? Homelink works otherwise in my car.

Thanks!

no idea why it wouldnt work from the app then, since the app just triggers the homelink thats in the car to broadcast. My model 3 came with the homelink adapter. in 2018 when I got the car, it was standard equipment in my model.

I have never tried to use the homelink button in the app because my garage door opener has its own app (liftmaster) that I can use to open it from, which doesnt have a requirement of the car being present.

assuming you did the regular troubleshooting of going down to the car and activating homelink while the car is in the garage, watching it open, then standing in the same spot with your phone and trying to activate it through the app..... not sure why it wouldnt work.

Hi

I recently had Homelink installed in my Model 3 and noticed that a Homelink button now appears under the Controls section in the Tesla app. I tried selecting this button and confirming that I want to activate it, however, the app responds saying that that there are no Homelink equipped garage doors in range of my M3.

Any thoughts on why this wouldn't work? Homelink works otherwise in my car.

Thanks!
I had the same problem, and as SoCal Cal indicated, for some reason you must go into Summon and enable Homelink there. Then it works.

It is part of Smart Summon, which is part of FSD.

I much prefer the standard visor remote with a twist, remove the visor clip and put some velcro on the back. The original visor style remotes are the most powerful of them all and will open the garage door from around the corner compared to Homelink which is sketchy and sometimes you need to almost have the bumper on the door before it works or at least this has been my experience on several cars with homelink. I tried a couple of knockoffs from eBay and honestly they have the same range and work as well as the originals

Crap picture but easy to understand where I mounted mine. out of site and actually looks pretty good.

I much prefer the standard visor remote with a twist, remove the visor clip and put some velcro on the back. The original visor style remotes are the most powerful of them all and will open the garage door from around the corner compared to Homelink which is sketchy and sometimes you need to almost have the bumper on the door before it works or at least this has been my experience on several cars with homelink. I tried a couple of knockoffs from eBay and honestly they have the same range and work as well as the originals. and cost only $11

Crap picture but easy to understand where I mounted mine. out of site and actually looks pretty good.