TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla App iOS Update: Version 3.4.4.

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by HelloJohnny, Aug 27, 2018.

1. HelloJohnny

HelloJohnny Member

IMG_4223.PNG

Didn't notice any new UI/features but after updating the app opens very quickly and wakes my car from sleep 2-5 secs without lag. Summon still works with no issues.

2. soulstar

soulstar Member

Android updated as well. Don't notice anything major but there is now permanent notification that shows that the phone and car are connected and also allow quick access to unlocking the car, frunk and trunk without opening the app.

3. HelloJohnny

HelloJohnny Member

That's good for quick actions! Someone posted a screenshot on Reddit

BILwGfZ.png

4. TesLou22

TesLou22 Member

Hopefully I’m not posting to soon but Summon seems to connect more quickly and consistently now for me. iPhone user here.

5. KFORE

KFORE Member

Yeah, not a fan of the persistent notification on Android. Would much prefer to be able to swipe it away.

• Like x 1
  6. funchess

funchess Member

I'm also seeing much faster connection between the Tesla app and the Model 3 with this iOS update.

7. SDKoala

SDKoala Model 3 LR RWD

FYI, with the Android app, the persistent phone key status notification can be minimized (at least in Android Pie) so the icon is not constantly showing in the status bar and will only show up when the quick settings shade is pulled down. It can also be disabled completely from the status bar and the quick settings in the system settings for the app. This is the way I prefer it since I don't use the app often enough to justify a permanent presence on my home screen.

8. Gavyne

Gavyne Member

Thank you for the post, just updated.

• Like x 1
  9. stonelance

stonelance Member

Since getting the update, phone key doesn't seem to work as reliably for me (on Android). Had to unlock my car twice so far and both times I had to pull my phone out to unlock. Haven't had to do this for a couple weeks.

10. RTPEV

RTPEV Member

I'm with @KFORE , having a persistent notification icon is not ideal. Maybe I can tailor the behavior as @SDKoala says when I get Pie, but really, a set of widgets for unlocking/opening f|trunks would be much better.

11. SDKoala

SDKoala Model 3 LR RWD

Does going to the Tesla app notification settings give you an option to turn off notifications for just the phone key? This is what my settings screen looks like. I think the minimize behavior is new to Pie, but turning off the notifications should be possible in previous versions.

Screenshot (Aug 28, 2018 12_09_30 PM).png

12. RTPEV

RTPEV Member

Yes, I can turn off the notification, but then I do lose the fairly useful easy access to unlock/open frunk/open trunk, so I'll go ahead and keep the notification on. I just wish I could "minimize" it similar to what you are describing.

13. SDKoala

SDKoala Model 3 LR RWD

Got it. That's the exact reason widgets exist. Too bad the Tesla Android app team hasn't figured that out.

• Like x 2
  14. Bandit

Bandit Member

The Phone Key Status notification can be enabled but minimized. Long-press the notification, press Details, press Phone Key Status and change the Importance from High to Low. The notification will still be there for a quick unlock, minus the icon.

15. nogajim

nogajim Member

Actually needed summon after the update and it worked. Still had problem with my iPhone disconnecting today and restarted it to reconnect.

16. zissou

zissou Member

With this version the phonebkey is actually worse than before. It used to work 100% (samsung S9) but now whit the new version with constant notification, I sometimes have to unlock the phone and start the app otherwise the car won't open (it was already running, the notification was there). Anyone with similar experience?

17. Atoms

Atoms Member

Anyone else notice that the app app does not show any updates for Tesla app? All other apps show update history except Tesla app. Even though 3.4.4 is loaded, no history of updates.

18. bradhs

bradhs Member

0 issues (100% success) opening my Model 3 on an iPhone X with iOS 12 Beta.

19. favo

favo P3D+ owner

I have been on 3.4.4 for several days. No problem with my S9 as phone key. (Once or twice I had to push the door handle a second time to wake the car up. Waiting 3 seconds may have worked just as well, I suppose.)

20. RTPEV

RTPEV Member

Nope...I just couldn't stand the constant notification. Not only did it take up space in my notifications bar, but on my Moto z2 it would trigger the notification display to every 2-3 seconds. No thanks. I'll live without easy access to the frunk open.