Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App Keeps Losing my CC Info for Supercharging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im currently in the middle of my first over the road trip and 600 miles from home. While supercharging last night when I unplugged the car I got a message on the App that I didnt have a valid payment method and needed to take care of it immediately. After opening the App I learned that both of the Credit cards I used previously were just simply gone. Further, I was unable for a period of time to not add them back. After 30 mins or so the App accepted the card info and processed the charge. This was about 6pm. At 8:58pm I got a note on the App saying I needed to pay the final charge once again. After checking the AMEX app the charge had indeed gone through and Tesla was wrong. Today the Wallet in the App shows the credit cards as installed and one set to default but under the Charging-Manage Payments and History sections I get a big red X and the message that the page is unavailable.

I still have about 900 miles to go on the drive before returning home and at this rate I have NO faith in even the supercharging system by Tesla. Has anyone had this problem and how has it been corrected? Any idea as well as how to contact Tesla to get help on this?

Thanks in advance!

B7F64C9C-BE7A-4366-BEBC-ABDD01CF2343.png

It would definitely suck to be in this situation while on a road trip.

Here's what I know: Yesterday afternoon (well in my timezone anyway, which is PST/PDT), there seemed to be a hiccup in Tesla's payment processing system. Some number of people were affected (from various sources) but I don't know how many (my intuition says "not everybody"). From what I was able to see, Tesla seemed to have forgotten any payment methods on some people's accounts, and people weren't able to add new credit cards. I personally experienced the second problem but not the first. By late afternoon/early evening this seemed to have worked itself out. I would expect everything to be working normally at this point.

I haven't experienced or heard of this particular problem before. Personally, in the past six months I've driven my X almost 9000 miles and charged it at 40+ different Superchargers without incident. I'm quite comfortable with the reliability of the Supercharger network, although let me reiterate my advice to road-trippers to bring all of your charging adapters with you on a road trip.

Safe travels!

Bruce.

Reactions: GtiMart