Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App Map Issues (Android)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Prior to SW version 4.8, when I opened my app and clicked on location, I would get a bird's eye view at the street level of where my car was, like this:

Map1.jpg

But now, when I click on location, I get, quite literally, all of southern California:

Map2.jpg

I thought maybe is was my phone, but then I opened the app in my wife's phone (also android) and I'm getting the same picture. I then opened the Tesla app on my tablet, and it's the same - a scene from space. This is ridiculous!

When I manually adjust the view to street level, even on the car centered function, the car drives right out of sight.

Is anyone else having this issue, Can it be fixed?

I'm seeing the same (app version 4.8.1-1032 running on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge). I don't remember what the previous version(s) rendered as I haven't used this function all that much. Last time I did was probably when my wife borrowed the car over a year ago and there wasn't any Supercharger location data displayed.

As far as the map automatically scrolling to follow the car (what I understand you mean about car centered function), I vaguely recall that it used to do this. My guess is that when they added the charging location data, these things were thrown out.