Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App no longer showing charging notifications after MX 2020.32.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My '16 MX received the 2020.32.2 update over the weekend and since the update I no longer receive Android app notifications when the charging session begins and ends.

Rebooted car, uninstalled app, confirmed notification settings...no resolution.

Oddly, this is limited to my MX on 2020.32.2, my spouse's MS has 2020.24.6.11 and the charging notifications work fine. I don't think it is the app since it is working fine for 1 car.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Did you ever resolve this?

I have the same problem on a Model 3, and believe it started with 2020.32.3. It has carried over to 2020.32.5, and 2020.36.3.1. 2020.32.x was - as far as I know - when the ability to remotely notify when a door/frunk/trunk is open. Prior to that it was the phone app that decided which notifications were pushed.

That seems like a big coincidence.

Same issue here, except I've an iPhone.
Not sure after which update it stopped working, but installed today version 36.3.1, and still no notifications.
Installed the Tesla app on another iPhone to compare, but same result: no notification

All,
I am happy to report Tesla Support was able to resolve the issue today. I tried chat support last week, but they were unable to help. I ended up creating a Service request through the app and was directed to the right place.

According to the latest SMS from Tesla, it is a server-side change that needed to be made. Screenshot attached

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200910-151226.png
    Screenshot_20200910-151226.png
    728.3 KB · Views: 299
  • Helpful
Reactions: SK360 and mikes_fsd
All,
I am happy to report Tesla Support was able to resolve the issue today. I tried chat support last week, but they were unable to help. I ended up creating a Service request through the app and was directed to the right place.

According to the latest SMS from Tesla, it is a server-side change that needed to be made. Screenshot attached
Thanks for this. I had also already scheduled a service appointment and waiting on their reply. I’ll add your feedback to the description.

I contacted Tesla.com chat support again today and told them someone had their notifications fixed via a change on the Tesla side. They said they would forward my issue on to support and they would be back in contact with me. Guess we’ll see where this goes

Problem solved for me.

Small recap: service request created last week with the app. As I had no reaction one week later, I sent a mail to our Service Center, asking kindly if they could look at this request and provide an update.
At noon today I got a text message confirming they found issues in my "profile" and fixed them.
And I tested, pano open or windows open sends a notification. Great !

Last edited:
Problem solved for me.

Small recap: service request created last week with the app. As I had no reaction one week later, I sent a mail to our Service Center, asking kindly if they could look at this request and provide an update.
At noon today I got a text message confirming they found issues in my "profile" and fixed them.
And I tested, pano open or windows open sends a notification. Great !

Thanks for the info! I emailed my service center (I have a mobile appointment scheduled Monday for my tail lights so I cant schedule another). If I don't hear from them I will schedule a service appointment after my Monday one is done.

My notifications has been broken too and I opened up a service case after seeing this thread. Someone contacted me on Monday but wasn't able to fix it. Today, he was able to figure out that the service case wasn't properly closed and notifications worked again after he closed it.

So my notifications started working again today out of the blue after almost a month.

I added it to the list for my mobile service appointment but no one contacted me so either yesterday’s outage magically fixed it or something did something

9AB9E24B-9CB6-48AF-A1B5-C78ECBEC7F57.jpeg

Only notification that I still don’t receive is when charging has completed.

Not sure if you double checked “Notifications” in the App... I stopped getting “Charging Complete” notifications recently and found that setting inexplicably turned off in the App. Maybe due to an update? Not sure why it happened.
Tesla App>Settings>Notifications>Select “Charging Complete”

Not sure if you double checked “Notifications” in the App... I stopped getting “Charging Complete” notifications recently and found that setting inexplicably turned off in the App. Maybe due to an update? Not sure why it happened.
Tesla App>Settings>Notifications>Select “Charging Complete”
Thanks, but that's checked. Tried unchecked for a few days & again checked. Still not notification

So I changed the charging to start at 1am, instead of being ready at 7am.
That way of planning charging does send charging complete notifications.
The scheduled charging (be ready at a given hour) is still unreliable here. No notification when it completes or stops and it actually does not charge to the requested %.