Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla app not accepting my address for mobile service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I heard a clunck on the way to my service 3 weeks ago and mentions I heard could they please check. They said they would. I picked up the car a week later after service work done and left as I had to get home an hour and a half away for a long drive thst evening in a different car I had to then pick up.

Anyway so I'm washing my window today 2 weeks after service and see the chip I heard.

So 1 not happy they didn't say anyhting

Now I'm trying to log it and it won't accept any address I out in saying it wants to give me mobile service. Then it dosnt even move to the service center so I'm a bit stuck.

So 2 disappointed in app and services in general now.

Any help?

I had the same problem. Tried everything. It just insisted I lived in Romsey.
I accepted the booking and left it with the plan of calling them a week before with the correct address however the appt got cancelled because the fault was beyond a mobile repair capability.
So I'm off to Brooklands next month.
Driver restraint system fault.
Just as well it's not a safety critical fault then....

The address finder in the app is terrible. It only allows you to proceed if it can find and confirm the address in the Tesla list of addresses. Problem is, the list of addresses seems to be either really badly indexed, or not a full list of UK addresses.

If you want to book it into a service center, it doesn't have to be your exact address - so you could enter a nearby address and it will just find the nearest service centre. Just start typing an address, or POI nearby and see what shows up in the list as you type, and select the nearest one.

I did this a few weeks back, I just selected and address that came up down the road, and they contacted me for a mobile service visit via text anyway. Then just tell them the actual address via text.

Been looking and not been able to find it: is there a way of booking a mobile service specifically? Or is the lack of option indicating that it's not available in the sticks (where it would be most valuable)? Don't fancy a 200 mile round trip to Stockport for what looks like a simple warranty fix to re-glue a rubber door seal.

Booked into a Service Centre with "would like a mobile service at LL55 if possible" in the description but there was no mention in the email or text I got back. Anyone get any joy replying to the text with a mobile service request?

So I heard a clunck on the way to my service 3 weeks ago and mentions I heard could they please check. They said they would. I picked up the car a week later after service work done and left as I had to get home an hour and a half away for a long drive thst evening in a different car I had to then pick up.

Anyway so I'm washing my window today 2 weeks after service and see the chip I heard.

Now I'm trying to log it and it won't accept any address I out in saying it wants to give me mobile service. Then it dosnt even move to the service center so I'm a bit stuck.

Any help?

What are you wanting service to do? I'm assuming that you are saying that it is a rock or glass chip. There is no warranty around this and a body shop would probably be much cheaper to fix any dents.

I wouldn't have expected service to indicate any dings as a cause of a noise. And if it took you that long, they may not have seen/noticed it as well.

What are you wanting service to do? I'm assuming that you are saying that it is a rock or glass chip. There is no warranty around this and a body shop would probably be much cheaper to fix any dents.

I wouldn't have expected service to indicate any dings as a cause of a noise. And if it took you that long, they may not have seen/noticed it as well.
They didn't look simple as. I told them where I heard the noise and as I said I haven't had chance to look. Then 1 hour into driving the car purposefully I find the chip. Not hard to find.

Anyway I'm thinking ill just check with my insurence it's about a matchhead in size.

Just had the same problem of not being able to enter any nearby address (near Basingstoke). I called the Brooklands centre but was answered (after a long wait) by a person in Park Royal. She said the location issue problem was known. However I then proceeded to try and book the service with her only to be told that it was outside the Brooklands mobile service area and I would have to take the car to them. 32 miles each way in London traffic and one way is bound to be in rush hour - so over two hours driving - not my idea of 'convenient' or 'reasonable'.

I'm not at all happy because the sales guy was very clear when we bought the car that we would not have to drive it to them - they would come to us. Sounds like mis-selling to me.

So then I get suspicious - have they blocked all addresses outside their mobile service areas? I then checked an address (that I could input) 3 miles away - 'mobile service available' albeit in 3 weeks time, then I checked 15 miles away and that much further from Brooklands - mobile service available - 'only' 2 weeks time.

I'm guessing that either 1) their mobile people are randomly distributed (not based in the centres) and as customers we do not know where they are and so get a randomly available mobile service or 2) they have it in for me personally.

Oh, and by the way, after 4 months and 7000 miles this is the first and only time I have asked them for help.

No stars for Tesla Service

Reactions: Cwmwd
is the lack of option indicating that it's not available in the sticks (where it would be most valuable)? Don't fancy a 200 mile round trip to Stockport for what looks like a simple warranty fix to re-glue a rubber door seal.

their mobile people are randomly distributed (not based in the centres) and as customers we do not know where they are and so get a randomly available mobile service

Looks like it's random and short distance, then :(

I kept trying with different addresses and finally found one just a quarter of a mile away that it accepted- and there I could book a mobile service -- for 12th March. So the service person would presumably have been able to do the same. Conclusion, after thorough scientific testing, that it is option 2 ) they have it in for me personally.

Just because I'm paranoid.....

Any help?

Type number 1 followed by your street name etc,

No house name or your number.