Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App Not Connecting... Fix?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have a solve for this?

The Tesla App (Android) isn't connecting to my car. It just says connecting at the bottom bar and keeps spinning round till it times out and says "Vehicle Connection Error."

Have tried power-cycling, logging in/out, and un/re-installing multiple times.

Please help!

I would first try to reset the car, I've read it has helped in instances like this. I believe you just hold down both steering wheel buttons...

Tried it, no dice.

worse case clear cache and storage for the app and re-set it up. you will have to set up the phone as a key again if you do this.

Unfortunately, this didn't work either!

FML.

• Funny
Reactions: lUtriaNt
We had this with our S and noticed that the problem is almost always when the car is in the driveway. After investigating and theorizing, we have decided that the problem is that the S is in the driveway and at the extreme edge of our home WiFi. The car sees the WiFi network so it doesn't try to connect via cellular but because the WiFi is so weak at that spot, the WiFi connection can't really be made. To test the theory we put a second router upstairs in the room overlooking the driveway and we can more reliably connect to the car. (Another way to rest the theory would have been to have the car forget the home network so that it would only be on cellular, but we had other reasons for extending the wireless to be more reliable at the other end of the house, so we just did that first.)

Anyone have a solve for this?

The Tesla App (Android) isn't connecting to my car. It just says connecting at the bottom bar and keeps spinning round till it times out and says "Vehicle Connection Error."

Have tried power-cycling, logging in/out, and un/re-installing multiple times.

Please help!
I’m having the same problem. I get a popup error. The odd thing is I have an old iPhone and can logon on the old phone. I can also long on on other people’s phones. I’ve tried resetting the phone, the car, my password. At the bottom of the app, before I deleted it, said last update 9/10 with a spinning arrow.

Attachments

• 9DB9337A-24B2-4BC2-8B2C-33C54FA570DE.png
    9DB9337A-24B2-4BC2-8B2C-33C54FA570DE.png
    139.3 KB · Views: 800
I had this problem for the past 3 weeks or so. At first I thought it was because my phone had a VPN, but turning that off still didn't fix. Rebooted phone several times, Updated to latest iOS. Nothing but "can't connect" error on the app. Car received several updates, each installed correctly and work fine, but could not get the app to connect.

Today I tried once again, and (praise heaven) it WORKED. Not sure what changed, but finally its connecting again.

We had this with our S and noticed that the problem is almost always when the car is in the driveway. After investigating and theorizing, we have decided that the problem is that the S is in the driveway and at the extreme edge of our home WiFi. The car sees the WiFi network so it doesn't try to connect via cellular but because the WiFi is so weak at that spot, the WiFi connection can't really be made. To test the theory we put a second router upstairs in the room overlooking the driveway and we can more reliably connect to the car. (Another way to rest the theory would have been to have the car forget the home network so that it would only be on cellular, but we had other reasons for extending the wireless to be more reliable at the other end of the house, so we just did that first.)

Yep this happens to mine as well. Turn off wifi and it should connect.

Some good ideas here, I have an old iPhone SE which I'll try. I've spent enough time today on it though need to put up Seasonal lights for home.
Background to Problem -
Frustrated lost count the time I've spent trying to get Tesla App to boot up; going 'Spin Crazy' to the point it's affecting owner. We have both iPhone 11Pro and 11 paired to Model Y; but the Tesla application does not load - just keeps spinning - ideas?