Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla app not displaying inside car temp

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else notice the Tesla app no longer displays the current temp inside the car. Positive it used to be displayed under the climate tab. Now you have to adjust the climate temp setting and wait to see if the air flow arrows blow blue or red to try and guess the cars inside temp. The cars inside temp should also be displayed on the IC, IMHO.

"Sometimes it displays it, sometimes it doesn't. I just checked and I can see it is 66 degrees in my car. I see it on both the main screen and when tapping on Climate, without needing to turn on or adjust the temperature."

That's how mine has always performed without failure. I recently updated the car to 17.38.4 and can't recall if this has happened from the moment I updated. It's the only thing that's changed. I am also on the updated version off the Tesla app.

I just checked various screen shots I'd taken of the app and the inside car temp was there on Oct 5 but not Oct 9. I updated the car between these dates :(

It's back to normal.

Screenshot_20171009-131813_resized.png
Screenshot_20171013-113235_resized.png

In your two screen shots it looks like the car was plugged in when you took the second one and unplugged when you took the first. Is it possible that the temp only shows when the car is plugged in? That might explain some of the inconsistencies that people are seeing.

In your two screen shots it looks like the car was plugged in when you took the second one and unplugged when you took the first. Is it possible that the temp only shows when the car is plugged in? That might explain some of the inconsistencies that people are seeing.
Nope, I know mine shows it when it's not plugged in. As I said before, it needs to have climate running at some level to have the sensor active to suck in air via the port on the console. So it needs to be awake somewhat. If the car is sleeping, it won't know the temperature.

With the new camper mode, it will know it all the time that's running, of course. (17.40.1)

I do have cabin overheat protection on. I'd expect this to work regardless of the "sleep" state of the car.

So, this morning there was no temp displayed and the car was not plugged in. I also have energy saving ON and always connected checked. I approached the car with the app running and no cabin temp displayed. Between opening the door and sitting down the cabin temp appeared on the app.

On my screen shot above with the frunk open, my car was at the clear bra installers. This is like having the car sitting in a lot when you'd like to know the cabin temp but this is the first time I've noticed it not displaying the cabin temp.

Car is in having front drive shafts replaced next week so expect 17.40. I'll see what happens after that.

Right, cabin temp was not displayed on the app when I just checked. I turned climate on, via the app, and the cabin temp popped up.

Perhaps I created a thread about nothing, having never noticed the cabin temp not being displayed in three months of ownership.

Thanks for the feedback ;)

I'd still like the car to display the cabin temp on the IC though.

Right, cabin temp was not displayed on the app when I just checked. I turned climate on, via the app, and the cabin temp popped up.

Perhaps I created a thread about nothing, having never noticed the cabin temp not being displayed in three months of ownership.

Thanks for the feedback ;)

I'd still like the car to display the cabin temp on the IC though.
It would be nice to have an inside thermometer but I bet they think it would lead to confusion with the climate temperature settings as they should be correct, no? :D