Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla app not showing home usage when there is solar

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,

I have Tesla solar and no powerwall. A few weeks ago a tech came out to install my powerblaster so I could see grid consumption. At night, I can see accurate grid consumption. However, during the day, the solar generation matches the output to the grid (e.g solar would be 3.2kW and output to grid would also be 3.2kW).

I know that the way the app can tell how much your home uses is by subtracting what you output to the grid from the solar generation. If solar generation and output to the grid are the same, it shows your home is using no energy which I know for a fact is not true. Has anyone had this problem before and can share how they got it fixed? I tried calling into Tesla twice but we all know you gotta get lucky with the right tech with the knowledge to help.
I finally had my issue fixed so I wanted to give an update to help anyone else out there experiencing the same thing. I recently updated the Tesla app and saw the new UI refresh but my original problem of home use not showing correctly (showing 0kW when sun was out) was still there. Furthermore, my solar production was showing 6kW and I have a 4kW system so definitely there’s something wrong. I decided to hit up customer support 1 more time. I talked to someone who escalated my ticket to tier 2 support (mind you this was done previously as well but no fix). I characterized the problem as why is my system producing more solar than my system size? This time they found the issue was my power blaster was registered incorrectly and they fixed it on their end. Less than 24 hours after contacting support, I opened my app and all my numbers were accurate again. I finally got some accurate monitoring and couldn’t be happier. See pics attached for before and after.

Attachments

• 4A963BDB-4748-4D57-9F3B-F13AA2473483.png
    4A963BDB-4748-4D57-9F3B-F13AA2473483.png
    544.5 KB · Views: 143
  • 297BF906-156D-48EC-A7C6-FD3E5F6FC576.png
    297BF906-156D-48EC-A7C6-FD3E5F6FC576.png
    546.7 KB · Views: 118
Reactions: BGbreeder
This is very similar to the problem I’m experiencing with a Tesla solar panel system, Tesla inverter and no powerwalls. I’ve spent quite a bit of time troubleshooting the issue which is all documented in this thread, but unfortunately I don’t think the root cause of my issue is a configuration/registration problem on Tesla’s end based on the fact I’ve compared the readings coming directly from Neurio on the Tesla inverter page with the app, and they match exactly. I’ve had a tier 2 support ticket in for about a month now and still waiting…