Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App not unlocking doors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just noticed that my App isn’t unlocking my door. The app shows that the door I’d unlocked after I press the button on my phone. But the car doesn’t do anything.

I press the button again on my app and I hear my car locking (honk)

We have 2 X and my wife’s X works fine. I tried using her app but it still doesn’t unlock my doors.

Any idea?

Reactions: ekw0357
Yes. I was on the correct vehicle. They are two different color. Honk, flash, lock all seems to work
My wife had a similar issue with our M3 yesterday. She was able to get in the car but, couldn't get it in reverse. The car indicated there was a need for bluetooth to be active for the phone app to work. I checked her iphone 7+ and her bluetooth was on. Finally, we were able to get the car going with the card key. When we got home, I restarted her phone and did a hard restart on the car. So far, it seems ok. We will see what happens when she is on her own with the car.

I just noticed that my App isn’t unlocking my door. The app shows that the door I’d unlocked after I press the button on my phone. But the car doesn’t do anything.

I press the button again on my app and I hear my car locking (honk)

We have 2 X and my wife’s X works fine. I tried using her app but it still doesn’t unlock my doors.

Any idea?

Did you have your screen replaced for yellow border or anything like that? After ipwe did that ours stopped responding. The security certificates had to be uploaded from the car or something like that, which wasn't done. Mobile tech came by to do it and then my app could unlock doors again.

Did you have your screen replaced for yellow border or anything like that? After ipwe did that ours stopped responding. The security certificates had to be uploaded from the car or something like that, which wasn't done. Mobile tech came by to do it and then my app could unlock doors again.
No recent screen replacement or anything. I’m just hoping the next update will fix it or something.