Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App Not Working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not quite sure where to post this but "Software Updates" seemed to be a good place since one is needed for the App. So for the first time this morning, I was a victim of the "Tesla app not working". Luckily, the car was in the garage, connected to power, and I had my key fob (not that it matters in this case). But I persisted in making it work with my iPhone X but no avail.

So I downloaded the "widget" to see if that would make a difference. It's a small what, app? Anyway, I downloaded it and it had my current charge displayed, 288 miles. I punched the "key", unlock icon and it took me to the full Tesla app, which was no longer greyed out. However, the full Tesla app would not respond when I tried to increase the charge to 90%.

So then, I went to my "Remote Tesla App", a third-party app, the one with with a blue background and white, front view of a Tesla. I open it, and punched the charge (lightning bolt) icon and the car started charging. I also honked the horn and more. Everything on that app seemed to work.

Until Tesla can get their app to function properly, I highly recommend this app as a secondary, backup solution. Try it and let me know if it works for you!

Richard