Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla app not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have downloaded the Tesla app prior to delivery, but it doesn’t work. It just says welcome to the Tesla family. The only buttons are the loot box, and X which asks if I want to sign out (if I click no it does nothing), watch guide videos and get support. I have tried signing in on another device, which is Samsung (originally tried on iPhone) and it didn’t work. both successfully signed into another account (which doesn’t have a Tesla car on it). Is this because the Tesla hasn’t arrived yet?

Attachments

• 66FB3038-413B-474F-8EFD-B3084D4B2265.jpeg
    66FB3038-413B-474F-8EFD-B3084D4B2265.jpeg
    126.9 KB · Views: 105
I have downloaded the Tesla app prior to delivery, but it doesn’t work. It just says welcome to the Tesla family. The only buttons are the loot box, and X which asks if I want to sign out (if I click no it does nothing), watch guide videos and get support. I have tried signing in on another device, which is Samsung (originally tried on iPhone) and it didn’t work. both successfully signed into another account (which doesn’t have a Tesla car on it). Is this because the Tesla hasn’t arrived yet?

Your car will appear in your app at the delivery when they are sure that you are paying for the car because if they place it in the app before the delivery, you can take full control of the car like driving by the remote app without a key. And if you bought FSD, Elon said you will be able to summon your car from across the country too!

The app does zippity for me. It shows the vin numver of the car I presently own plus one on order. NO photo of the car shows up. It's useless.

Yes I do need to go to the ?????? dealer??? which does not exist or the Service Center I should not have to do that at all. It's in convienient at best.

The app does zippity for me. It shows the vin numver of the car I presently own plus one on order. NO photo of the car shows up. It's useless.

Yes I do need to go to the ?????? dealer??? which does not exist or the Service Center I should not have to do that at all. It's in convienient at best.
Sorry, I cant understand what you are saying. For the car on order, the app does nothing. That is expected. For the car you OWN, what exactly do you mean? If by "own" you mean a delivered tesla vehicle, and you still can not access it via the tesla app, then you have an issue.

There is no need to "go to the ???????? dealer" to correct an app issue for the car you OWN. The local dealer wont be able to do anything for you on the car you own, provided its delivered to you already.

You are in texas, which is "different" due to state laws not allowing tesla to sell vehicles. In texas, you have to pay first and get the car delivered to you or go pick it up somewhere after you pay. Your app wont work until the car is delivered to you / in your driveway. If it is, then you need to contact tesla if the app still doesnt work.

Sorry, I cant understand what you are saying. For the car on order, the app does nothing. That is expected. For the car you OWN, what exactly do you mean? If by "own" you mean a delivered tesla vehicle, and you still can not access it via the tesla app, then you have an issue.

There is no need to "go to the ???????? dealer" to correct an app issue for the car you OWN. The local dealer wont be able to do anything for you on the car you own, provided its delivered to you already.

You are in texas, which is "different" due to state laws not allowing tesla to sell vehicles. In texas, you have to pay first and get the car delivered to you or go pick it up somewhere after you pay. Your app wont work until the car is delivered to you / in your driveway. If it is, then you need to contact tesla if the app still doesnt work.
Loaded the app on a Ipod and it worked. Loaded it on a Ipad and it worked. Deleted the app on the iphone and reinstalled it and it now works.......like someone suggested on another thread Big mistake 'cause now Tesla knew the car was on it's second owner and now I get no free Supercharger. Bought this 2020 S Performance Model second hand with 1200 miles.