Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Everyone, I picked my first EV i.e. Model S Tesla 100D and I had never test driven any model Tesla but with mostly other friends advice went ahead with the decision.
First think when I got the car, the Tesla App does not work! I tried all tricks a. start fresh b. reboot the smart Phone c. reinstall the App. It will give silly error saying there is no internet connection on my smart phone [I was able to do everything from my iPhone X browse call etc.] No forums or blog listed this issue. Unfortunately I was already on my first long drive trip with my Tesla Model S. I was lucky to add a credit card into my account as I was able to charge twice enroute [Phew!]

Later when I came to the end of trip and had Wifi connection, it came to light, that the iPhone setting for Tesla App was set to use only with Wifi, I enabled it to be used even with cellular data, then everything worked. I see in this forum we don't have Tesla App as one section which applies to all the models. Also would like to advice others if you are in the same boat. Otherwise I am loving the model S.