Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla app on android service section

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

RDoc

2021 Prerefresh Model S
Aug 24, 2012
Boston North Shore
On my Samsung S9+, the Messaging part of the Service app shows the reply box at the bottom and when the keyboard comes up it covers the reply box. This only happens in the Tesla app. My messaging and other apps work without problems.

Also the black theme with grey text is very difficult to read in bright light. There seems to be no way to change it.

Reactions: Transformer
On my Samsung S9+, the Messaging part of the Service app shows the reply box at the bottom and when the keyboard comes up it covers the reply box. This only happens in the Tesla app. My messaging and other apps work without problems.

Also the black theme with grey text is very difficult to read in bright light. There seems to be no way to change it.

I'm having the same problem on my Motorola G5. Also, there is no obvious way to actually send the message once you've (guessed at) typing it. Any ideas would be welcome.

Well, this is a very old thread, but here it is 2021 - new Tesla Owner (first post on forum) - and I've got the same issues on the app on a pixel 5, running the very latest Android update. It also constantly shows that I have a new service message, when I don't. :-(

Well, this is a very old thread, but here it is 2021 - new Tesla Owner (first post on forum) - and I've got the same issues on the app on a pixel 5, running the very latest Android update. It also constantly shows that I have a new service message, when I don't. :-(
I had an issue that it says that I have a service message, but every time I click, it brings me back to the "select service" page. Tried signing out, clearing cache, clearing data, reinstalling app, nothing helped.

I reached out to chat support (go to "contact us" on bottom of support page, select "Tesla Service and Repair", "Question about an Upcoming Service Appointment", click Yes for "Do you need more help?"). The agent was able to retrieve the service message for me and let me know what it was. In my case, it was that my mobile service was cancelled and for me to call a local number to schedule a service center appointment. Chat agent said the app issue should be fixed after I schedule the appointment. After doing so, although it still shows "You have unread message(s) from your service team," it at least now shows my new appointment when I click it.

I don't recall having the same issue with the keyboard though when I entered my description (I have Android 10). I never got to the message reply screen however.