Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla app on Apple Watch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is no Tesla app mirror on my Apple Watch. So I have to buy a app to control my car? I didn’t see anything in the App Store.
Correct. Tesla has not created a separate app for Apple Watch. So, if you want to control your vehicle with your watch, then you’ll need to purchase some 3rd party app for the Apple Watch. There are a few good ones out there. I chose the one called “Watch for Tesla”.

Reactions: rpiotro and Krock65
There is no Tesla app mirror on my Apple Watch. So I have to buy a app to control my car? I didn’t see anything in the App Store.

There is no official tesla app for apple watch. Any of those apps you see for watch are NOT from tesla, they are all third party apps. If you want to use an apple watch to "do stuff" with your car, you will need to use a third party app, with whatever costs they may decide to charge.

I've been using "Stats" for its combination of an Apple Watch app for car controls and data about the Model Y without having to pay a monthly fee. I've been satisfied with the purchase.
same here. the app is often updated with new features (such as the new Safety Score screen). Siri commands and Apple Watch controls work. satisfied user here.

For what it's worth, I've been using the app below for more than a year now and love it:

https://www.watchfortesla.com/

I encountered an issue when I traded in my 3 for my Y and they were very supportive. I personally consider it a must-have, particularly given the price ($8.99 when I got it, $11.99 as of this typing).
I like the look of this, and $12 beats $50 in my book. How robust are the Siri commands?

I like the look of this, and $12 beats $50 in my book. How robust are the Siri commands?
They're good, and easily customizable.

And like I pointed out, they're great about helping to resolve issues even after you buy it. I exchanged several emails with them regarding a new issue I found when switching cars and they were really responsive and helpful -- and I should point out, I only have to pay for the app once even when getting it on my second Tesla.

Reactions: Canyonero
They're good, and easily customizable.

And like I pointed out, they're great about helping to resolve issues even after you buy it. I exchanged several emails with them regarding a new issue I found when switching cars and they were really responsive and helpful -- and I should point out, I only have to pay for the app once even when getting it on my second Tesla.
Well then you, sir, have earned your commission. Downloading it now.

• Funny
Reactions: El joe
Long time "Watch for Tesla" user here. One tip to consider...

Create a new watch face on your Apple Watch which has complications for simplified usage. I swipe over and use this whenever I travel. Here is the one I'm using.

Watch4TeslaFace.PNG

I am thinking of buying an Apple watch.
Will this work as a key so I don't need to use my iPhone at all?
If you have a LTE model yes. The reason is the watch won’t connect to the car via Bluetooth like the phone app. I tried it today and it worked flawlessly. I can either use Siri or the app itself right on the watch with my phone home. You will have to enable remote start in the settings to drive the car.