Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla app on Apple Watch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does that mean forever have to pay Tesla $10 per month for connectivity?

That connectivity has nothing to do with whether the car goes out of range of cellular or not.

Short answer, premium connectivity has nothing to do with that, so the answer to your question is no, however all of those apps open the car like the tesla APP would, NOT like "phone as key" does, so if (for example) you park 5 levels down in a parking garage, dont expect it to work.

They're good, and easily customizable.

And like I pointed out, they're great about helping to resolve issues even after you buy it. I exchanged several emails with them regarding a new issue I found when switching cars and they were really responsive and helpful -- and I should point out, I only have to pay for the app once even when getting it on my second Tesla.
let say you are away (another city) and accidentally hit “open trunk”. Will it open the trunk?

let say you are away (another city) and accidentally hit “open trunk”. Will it open the trunk?

The tesla app would, so yes (after warning you that you are going to open the trunk). Those apps do the exact same thing the tesla app does, as far as remote features. Thats not quite how phone as key works though as I believe has been detailed in this thread.

Reactions: btcutter
Does that mean forever have to pay Tesla $10 per month for connectivity?
The tesla app would, so yes (after warning you that you are going to open the trunk). Those apps do the exact same thing the tesla app does, as far as remote features. Thats not quite how phone as key works though as I believe has been detailed in this thread.
Appreciate you taking time to explain these things to a newbie. 🙏

Reactions: Canyonero
Has anyone used Watchla? It looks a little bit better in some ways but also a little broken in some other areas....
I have tried to use it and have found it to be very problematic on the watch. You can use Siri Shortcuts, however I can only get those to work on the phone. I contacted the developer and he did some updates to the app. I reinstalled it with little to no success. I I would not recommend this app at all.

I have the Watch for Tesla app on my Apple Watch and use it occasionally.
Yesterday morning, my phone battery died while I was at the gym. (I know I should always carry the key card).
I didn't try the watch app. I know it can unlock the car - but can I DRIVE the car in that scenario (dead phone and no keycard) ??

Long time "Watch for Tesla" user here. One tip to consider...

Create a new watch face on your Apple Watch which has complications for simplified usage. I swipe over and use this whenever I travel. Here is the one I'm using.

View attachment 731777
Oh man this is really cool. I have Stats (don’t use it much anymore), but it doesn’t have complications. May have to get this app instead.

Reactions: Mike_TV
I have tried to use it and have found it to be very problematic on the watch. You can use Siri Shortcuts, however I can only get those to work on the phone. I contacted the developer and he did some updates to the app. I reinstalled it with little to no success. I I would not recommend this app at all.
I installed Watchla a few days ago and it works as designed.

Attachments

• D89E2068-3BE8-4B23-A9F3-7E06593BF721.jpeg
    D89E2068-3BE8-4B23-A9F3-7E06593BF721.jpeg
    283.3 KB · Views: 136
  • 415E1AE2-3B57-4104-9C0E-39902D919696.jpeg
    415E1AE2-3B57-4104-9C0E-39902D919696.jpeg
    510.8 KB · Views: 89
Reactions: whatthe2