Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App (on more than one device)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can I install this App on more than one device e.g. my phone, my wife's phone, my PC?

I've downloaded the App onto my phone and it seems to have successfully installed. I then tried to download it onto my PC and it said 'this app is already installed on your device' and it shows that device as my phone! That seems to answer my question as 'no I can not' but I thought I'd check hence my question?

Can I install this App on more than one device e.g. my phone, my wife's phone, my PC?

I've downloaded the App onto my phone and it seems to have successfully installed. I then tried to download it onto my PC and it said 'this app is already installed on your device' and it shows that device as my phone! That seems to answer my question as 'no I can not' but I thought I'd check hence my question?
There are independent Windows apps for Tesla control (apparently) but not the official Tesla app (except perhaps by using some nifty virtualisation layer). I wouldn't suggest getting into this until/unless you know what you're doing!

I spent quite some time trying to find a Tesla Support email address to ask the (Windows / PC) question but failed to find anything other than sales or delivery!
Even if you install a visualisation layer - what is the point of it? It will be easier setting up charge schedules in app or car than a windows PC. The only other thing is checking batteries again widgets are easier than windows. Preconditioning/opening and closing charge port/defrost all works well with Siri if you have Watch for Tesla app or thro Tesla app. Also your laptop or PC needed to be in wake state for charging etc., to work.