Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla app on the Android phone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Howdy. I'm getting close to ordering my Tesla Model S, and am going through a number of things on my checklist.

I have an Android phone, a Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge.

How well does the Tesla app work on your Android phone? Any feedback from any of you?

I saw this and was concerned. This may be just one user.

Thank you!!!

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4. I have all the same Tesla app bugs that are described in the video. I would say mine works correctly about 50% of the time. Waiting for the app to connect with the car - the endless spooling - yup, all the time. Pre-conditioning the car (AC) is something I use every day in the summer and it's a hassle - going back and forth in the menus trying to get the app to talk to the car. Definitely needs work.

Reactions: singleview
I've had issues, but as far as them preventing you from getting the car, it shouldn't even be a consideration.

Something I've taken to doing is force killing and then starting the app each time I go to use it. I've gotten into the routine and it seems to work.

• Informative
that video is quite old. I use the android version all the time. It does have the notifications. It does show visual indication of the climate controls after being turned on. and I'm sure many other things have changed.

But definitely, do NOT let an app determine your choice to get a Tesla.

Really good thread to have today. I could swear the connectivity issues have been resolved with a patch just a few hours ago. Please check the Android play store and make sure you have the latest bits. Would be good to know if I am just having a temporarily wonderful experience.

The Android app continues to be labelled as "beta" and always seems to lag (well) behind the Apple app in new features.

But, except for periodic connectivity problems, it works well - for what you need. I use it primarily to monitor charging (when travelling), opening/closing the sunroof (to vent hot air while the car is parked) and to turn on the air conditioning before I return to the car (so it's comfortable by the time I get in the car).

And, the map feature can be useful for helping to find your car in a large parking lot.

I've also used the valet feature to enable/disable valet mode for the few times I'll allow a valet to get close to our car.