Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App opens wrong garage door

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As has been said a few times in this thread you can control it, in a round-about way, but you have to have purchased EAP or FSD to do it. Maybe someday Tesla will make it an option for people that don't buy FSD.
No, there still is no way you can control it from the app. You can control which door it will open and close when Homelink is pressed in the Tesla app by going into the menus in the car itself, but you can't tell the app which one you want to open. If the Tesla is parked in the driveway and I want it to open the left door, and it's set to control the right one, there's no way I can do that without physically going into the car and reconfiguring stuff. If there are two or more doors at the location where the vehicle is parked, then after I press the Homelink button, it should ask "Which door?" and pop up a menu for me to select which one I want to open.

So it's still broken as hell, and they obviously didn't put much thought into this. Homelink access via the app is stupid anyway and I wish i could go into the car and kill that option. Then if you go on a trip and leave the car parked in the garage and forget to lockout the garage door before you leave, there is no chance that you could accidentally trigger it from thousands of miles away.

Reactions: Patrick66
The main problem isn't necessarily that the functionality of the homelink via the app is clunky and cumbersome but they make matters worse by continually changing its functionality without any notification or explanation. It seems now that the app defaults to the last homelink device you triggered. Armed with that information it is becoming a much less frustrating experience to interact with my home link controls via the app.

Pathetic that this is still a problem today. Got locked out of the garage because the car was opening and closing the gate via the app and not the garage door. Fortunately I could get in the house from another door. (For some reason the outside keypad was not responding at the time.)