Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App Restricted

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems my X does not respond to the app lately for unlocking, opening doors, trunk, etc
Strange as it will allow control of HVAC, lights and horn
App controls all work fine on our 3, it’s only my X that is struggling
Any ideas if there’s a fix for this?
Thank you

Seems my X does not respond to the app lately for unlocking, opening doors, trunk, etc
Strange as it will allow control of HVAC, lights and horn
App controls all work fine on our 3, it’s only my X that is struggling
Any ideas if there’s a fix for this?
Thank you
It seems the very least you could do is provide BOTH your phone apps version (bottom settings/gear icon screen) AND the cars firmware version (bottom of main screen or cars T).

No, the screen replacement does not usually include replacing the MCU.

Did you go into the vehicle settings and make sure you’ve turned “Mobile Access” back on? Some Service Centers will turn that off so that you can’t open doors, honk the horn, etc. while they are working on your car. Or maybe it gets turned off by default when the screen is taken off for some reason?

That would be my first guess! Good luck!

No, the screen replacement does not usually include replacing the MCU.

Did you go into the vehicle settings and make sure you’ve turned “Mobile Access” back on? Some Service Centers will turn that off so that you can’t open doors, honk the horn, etc. while they are working on your car. Or maybe it gets turned off by default when the screen is taken off for some reason?

That would be my first guess! Good luck!

Hi.....mobile access is turned on, if it was not I would not be able to connect at all with the X
What I'm saying is I can connect but some of the features such as opening doors, summon, unlock does not work
HVAC, lights and horn works

Did you have your MCU replaced recently? If you did they need to replace the certificates on your account and it should start working again. Happened to my when they replaced the MCU on my X

Is this something that tech support can do remotely or does OP have to take the vehicle in to a service center?

Reason I'm asking is that my Model S is in this state now after an MCU replacement, mobile app is 3.8.2 and car firmware is 2018.50.6. Deleting and reinstalling the mobile app didn't help, nor did cycling mobile access, nor did multiple reboots of the MCU and IC. Remote service came out to look at it but wasn't able to remedy, even after doing some toolbox stuff that I didn't totally follow.

Bruce.

Quick update......I uninstalled the iphone app and reinstalled and still no luck
Bizarre since again I have access to flashing the lights, honking the horn and HVAC but thats where the access stops
I'll keep you posted if I hear anything from Tesla's side

Just my screen which I do not believe involves the MCU does it?
They replaced my MCU as part of the screen replacement.

I have the same problem (I can do everything with the App but open the car and start it). I'll keep an eye on this thread.

My MCU was also replaced, by the way. It happened a couple of months after I received the car last year.
Almost definitely the certificates as mentioned above.

Mobile service can fix it.

Just my screen which I do not believe involves the MCU does it?
It depends on the Service Center. I recently had my S 90D in to have the screen replaced but when they mentioned the work afterwards, the invoice showed they had replaced the entire MCU. I was a little surprised since I only needed the screen replaced but didn't mind since the warranty covered everything.

It depends on the Service Center. I recently had my S 90D in to have the screen replaced but when they mentioned the work afterwards, the invoice showed they had replaced the entire MCU. I was a little surprised since I only needed the screen replaced but didn't mind since the warranty covered everything.
I've had my screen replaced twice by the same SC, once screen only, 2nd time MCU. It could be based on part availability or they may be an internal bulletin to replace MCU under certain circumstances.

I called my local SC and they’re looking into it
Hopefully it’s a fix they can make themselves
I use my FOB 99% of the time otherwise this would be a bigger issue then it is

UPDATE.......mobile service came by today and fixed the issue
They reset the pairing between the car and phone and presto, it works
If you are struggling, ask your service center to schedule someone to reset the pairing for you