TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla App server down again

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Rayhk, May 8, 2018.

1. Rayhk

Rayhk Member

Tesla App server is down again and Customer service has no idea what’s wrong or when it will be back up. It is sad that an innovative data company cannot evencommunicate system failure issue to their customers.

2. Rayhk

Rayhk Member

Surprise Tesla don’t have a backup server for disaster recovery...most company should have it.

3. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Yep. Saw email from TeslaFi and was about to check the car like last time. And said before I waste my time, check TMC first. :D.

I have no idea why the whole kit and kaboodle isn’t in AWS or what part is unique. Makes no sense at all. And who is is going to take ‘maintenance’ for an answer this time?!

4. Duke-U

Duke-U Member

Twitter is great for reporting these kind of issues and avoid customers guessing and getting frustrated... maybe some of the communication guys should talk to Elon on how to use Twitter.

App down in EU too..

5. TSLA Pilot

TSLA Pilot Member

Yep, down in the Central US as well at 0445h local time. The app reports, "Updated yesterday" followed by "Vehicle connection error" after a minute of trying.

Good thing I wasn't counting on it to, say, unlock my car and drive somewhere . . . .

6. boaterva

Apps seem to be working now (Tesla and Remote S) and TeslaFi.

7. boaterva

Really wouldn’t use app only on an S or X and if you are logged in, the phone will still work for a 3 via BT.

8. TSLA Pilot

TSLA Pilot Member

Yes, it's working again. Reliability needs to be increased on this service as we have, on occasion, needed it to be up and running if were to be able to access and drive one of our MS's.

9. 75Shappyt

75Shappyt Member

my app is up, just checked it

10. GOPJEW

GOPJEW Member

Maybe the same people who run the Referral Awards program are running the App as well...still awaiting my Black HPWC, 22" Tires/Rims, Powerwall....

I spoke to a woman at Tesla Solar yesterday and she told me that I should be patient waiting for the Powerwall - I laughed and told her I am a Tesla owner, patience is virtue!

11. lymex2018

lymex2018 Member

app was down in China too and is up now.