Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla app showing ~double my home kW usage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

This morning there was an update to the app, and an hour into today’s sunshine, the app shows surplus solar production going to grid...so it’s working now.
Is this an iPhone app? what Tesla app is on it, 1.50.2?
So interesting that one office said it was working then there is an update materialize out of the blue and now it works. What's going on at Tesla?

Is this an iPhone app? what Tesla app is on it, 1.50.2?
So interesting that one office said it was working then there is an update materialize out of the blue and now it works. What's going on at Tesla?
Yes, iphone app v 3.10.9.
To clarify, they did offer to send out someone on-site, but cautioned that if that visit didn’t reveal a malfunction, I’d be charged $200. So I investigated further.

As a relative early customer in Tesla’s 2020 accelerating ramp of their solar business model, I expect to have to penetrate issues deeper than call center folks, but that’s just my view. My issue turned out to be s/w rather than the h/w I assume their remote diags monitor...who knew?! That’s why I came to this forum, to try & understand - where the data was sourced & how it came to be displayed; that’s why this forum’s so valuable.

Big thanks to all who helped. I’m 70 & a retired bus driver...it’s not rocket science :rolleyes:. I really appreciate the rocket guy who has made all this possible, and even paid for it (via $TSLA)!

Last edited:
Interesting. My iPhone is 3.10.8
I suppose once you open up the app, scroll up, you have 1.50.1 or .2?
The 3.10.9 just came available to me this morning, and app was problem-free all day, so the issue must have been corrupted s/w somehow.

Not seeing 1.50.x anywhere, and there really isn’t a way to scroll up in my app...but I only have solar, no car yet; maybe that makes a difference.