Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App shows cameras need upgrade on vehicle that has MCU2 and new cameras for FSD Beta?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He posted earlier in this tread he had previously bought MCU 2. I have this same care too (72XXX VIN) but still on MCU 1 so I’m probably bottom of the list.
Spoke to soon, I got beta today! Drives like a 15yo on a learners permit but hey!

A0C5237F-8C45-4320-B93D-259E332F0639.jpeg
BACE3946-0332-4440-87D0-9D6ED605F4C5.jpeg
59D211F7-52EB-4FD7-B649-1E075F857629.jpeg

I'm due for my camera upgrade end of month - I know the cameras are superior to my current version, am very curious if it means my Sentry Mode camera feeds for these will now be in higher resolution and in true-color [ie all other cameras apart from the reversing camera] ?

For Sentry Mode footage my current ones are obviously some kind of 'colorised low resolution' compared to the reversing camera Sentry mode footage.

I'm due for my camera upgrade end of month - I know the cameras are superior to my current version, am very curious if it means my Sentry Mode camera feeds for these will now be in higher resolution and in true-color [ie all other cameras apart from the reversing camera] ?

For Sentry Mode footage my current ones are obviously some kind of 'colorised low resolution' compared to the reversing camera Sentry mode footage.
Yes. Not sure the resolution is higher, but visual quality and color are quite a bit better.

I know the cameras are superior to my current version, am very curious if it means my Sentry Mode camera feeds for these will now be in higher resolution and in true-color [ie all other cameras apart from the reversing camera] ?
Same resolution, but adds a little more color from the addition of a blue filter. But still not full color like the backup camera.