Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla app solar panel icon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently had solar panels and a powerwall installed. I previously had and still own a Model 3 and thus had the Tesla app prior to the solar installation. When I open the app and go to the powerwall section I only see 3 icons. The "home" icon, the "grid" icon and the "powerwall" icon. The solar panel icon is missing. I have checked for updates to the app and it seems it is current. Anyone have an idea as to why I have no solar icon? Thanks for any help.

I recently had solar panels and a powerwall installed.
How recently? And really the installers should have showed the solar to you. Mine didn't either but I already had another solar so that was not Tesla so ...

Another possibility is that they failed to hook your solar circuit up to the CTs that measure solar in the Tesla GW.

Can you tell from your other readings how everything balances out? You will probably have to take a screen capture of the the icons, then turn your inverter off and immediately take the same pictures. Your house load or grid load should change when you do this.

Upvote 0
How recently? And really the installers should have showed the solar to you. Mine didn't either but I already had another solar so that was not Tesla so ...

Another possibility is that they failed to hook your solar circuit up to the CTs that measure solar in the Tesla GW.

Can you tell from your other readings how everything balances out? You will probably have to take a screen capture of the the icons, then turn your inverter off and immediately take the same pictures. Your house load or grid load should change when you do this.
Thanks for your input! I'm currently away from home but will try your suggestions when I get back.

Upvote 0
I had a similar issue after installation of my solar roof and PWs, my project advisor told me to wait till after PTO to get it looked at. I took some screen shots of the app showing the missing roof icon and picture of the inside of the TEG2 showing that CT1 was not even connected. After looking at my email they sent 2 techs out the next day, connected CT1 on the TEG2 but icon still not showing. After 3 hours they finally reset everything and everything looks good.

• Informative
Reactions: aesculus
Upvote 0
I recently had solar panels and a powerwall installed. I previously had and still own a Model 3 and thus had the Tesla app prior to the solar installation. When I open the app and go to the powerwall section I only see 3 icons. The "home" icon, the "grid" icon and the "powerwall" icon. The solar panel icon is missing. I have checked for updates to the app and it seems it is current. Anyone have an idea as to why I have no solar icon? Thanks for any help.
They combine solar and Powerwall unless you happen to have a legacy solar installation. My SolarCity solar is a separate icon. When I added more Powerwalls and more solar I didn't get another icon for solar. I wanted one because the solar production data with the Powerwall is the aggregate solar (and I have multiple ones) and so I don't know the production of the new solar officially from Tesla even they clearly have it since the Tesla Inverter is reporting it.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
Upvote 0