TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla App Stuck in “Waking Up” mode

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Gtosnipey, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Gtosnipey

Gtosnipey Member

I’m currently on 2018.21.9 and prior to this update my app worked great (iPhone X and wife has Galaxy S7.) but we can no longer get the app to connect when the car is in sleep mode (parked anywhere). If I go up to the car and open the door, let everything come on and then open the app it connects but not from sleep. Anyone else experiencing this? Same happening on my wife’s phone. We’ve tried the restarting your phone, airplane mode, and Bluetooth on and off.

2. Shygar

Shygar Member

Did you log out and back in the Tesla app on your phone? My powerwall was removed from my account, logged out and back in and it fixed it.

3. amitmishra4

amitmishra4 Member

I concur with the advice above. I have had it happen to me as well and logging out and back in fixes it. I believe I had very similar symptoms that when I was close to the car and opened the door, it would connect right away but if I was at work or elsewhere, it would be stuck at “waking up”.

4. SageBrush

SageBrush 2018: Drain the Sewer

Same problem, fixed with Shygar's advice.
    The app still shows the phone as key as disconnected.

I think I just might delete the app from my phone for a couple of months and give Tesla time to work out the kinks. Use of the card is not a big deal, and a whole lot less annoying than trying unsuccessfully to use the phone. And if by doing so I reduce vampire losses, all the better.

5. Gtosnipey

Gtosnipey Member

Temporarily fixed!! I tried the signing out and deleting the app with no luck but found another thread about restarting the tablet. I held down both buttons on the steering wheel for 10 seconds until the screen went black. After that put it in park waited an hour tested it and it worked. Then I waited two more hours tested the app again and worked.

Also I live in Vegas so using the app for me is a biggie as I’m always cooling down the car before I go out. Really the primary reason I’m in the app.