Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla APP summon update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i noticed this morning that the tesla summon feature for forward and reverse has changed. first the bottons have changed placed. Second, its no longer need to constantly hold down forward/reverse button to summon. Now you simply press forward or reverse once and hit stop once you want it to stop.

this is how it looked though.
upload_2020-7-3_13-17-8.png

and after you tap on forward or reverse something similar to this popped up:
summon-2.png

this is how it looked though.
View attachment 560110

and after you tap on forward or reverse something similar to this popped up:
summon-2.png
I really hope this doesn't become the new way they implement this feature. I'm much prefer the Deadman's switch to this. That way, if for some reason, communication is lost with the vehicle because you're on the fringe edge of reception or whatever you have no way to send a stop command to the car. With the deadman's switch, worst case scenario, it loses signal and stops in its place. Much better implementation of something like this then expecting all of the sensors and everything to work in harmony which is a rarity these days.

This is the behavior when connecting through wifi. You are probably further away from the car. If you get closer to the car, the connection mode will be switched to Bluetooth and you can see two buttons at the bottom.